Desert Eagle Megathread…

It was hilarious getting this text from the inbounding dealer

“The gun I opened to check serial numbers, but all the other parts (barrels/mags) are still wrapped like kilos of coke from the auction house.”

Yup that looks like yayo 😂
Took forever to take off lol
70547736-6923-4194-9D48-79DFB8BDE542.jpeg

Lmao. I suppose I could do it for a photo op but I really don’t need 2. Especially now that I got all of these extra barrels lol

Admit it: you've stood in front of the mirror already, dual-wielding both of them empty. Haven't you?

And, somewhere deep inside, you don't want the chrome one to sell. Do you?

In fact, you really, really, REALLY want to be the first kid on your block to actually go to the range two-handed. Don't you?

Anyone got some clever ideas on what I can use to store the extra barrels in?? I thought of a small gun sock but wondered if there’s something else I could use. Don’t really want to keep them wrapped in bubble wrap 😂 but don’t want them dinged up either.

Maybe a cheap plastic pistol case, like the black ones from Doskocil, with the egg-crate foam inside?

Anyone got some clever ideas on what I can use to store the extra barrels in?? I thought of a small gun sock but wondered if there’s something else I could use. Don’t really want to keep them wrapped in bubble wrap 😂 but don’t want them dinged up either.
3d print replica desert eagles to store them in

#MgunumResearchCoolGuysIssues - I know this feeling.

Get a small gun case or something like this:

43_480x480.jpg

Or if you are not a b*tch, you would strap them to your leg. You never know when you need to change calibers in a gun fight.

If that 14" BBL is anything like my 12" 460 your going to quickly realize they are wicked muzzle heavy. Makes for difficult shooting offhand. I often shoot my 460 off a bag or a rest for much better consistency.

If that 14" BBL is anything like my 12" 460 your going to quickly realize they are wicked muzzle heavy. Makes for difficult shooting offhand. I often shoot my 460 off a bag or a rest for much better consistency.
I was surprised it wasn’t that bad offhand. But it is easier to be accurate from a rest. 82951471-A8B8-451D-A2C4-7137D5CA8B62.png

And holy f*** is it accurate. Didn’t take long to zero the scope at 25 yards. Then I put out my 8" steel at 60 yards and those rounds hit it real hard. No malfunctions in the 70 rounds I shot either. Though the slide stop is impossible to use for some reason. Only way I can lock open the slide is by having an empty mag in the gun. 9A409F68-4B97-404A-A51A-7277C78C9239.jpeg

962781A0-0DE1-471C-9E96-3C0653C38927.jpeg CB640047-041D-4403-9E5E-5905165261B8.jpeg

I was surprised it wasn’t that bad offhand. But it is easier to be accurate from a rest.View attachment 636190

And holy f*** is it accurate. Didn’t take long to zero the scope at 25 yards. Then I put out my 8" steel at 60 yards and those rounds hit it real hard. No malfunctions in the 70 rounds I shot either. Though the slide stop is impossible to use for some reason. Only way I can lock open the slide is by having an empty mag in the gun.View attachment 636192

View attachment 636193View attachment 636194
Great shooting, I'll bet the fact the DE's have a large secure feeling squared grip probably allows a firmer, more secure grip. The grip on my 460 mag is curved revolver style , and kinda smallish as well. I like the large DE grip (I have the finger groove Hogue)

I will probably have my 460 cut from 10" to 7" ... and I might add some weight to the grip..

I will probably have my 460 cut from 10" to 7" ... and I might add some weight to the grip..
FYI, don't cut your barrel. The X frames use "gain twist" rifling which is a progressive twist based on barrel length. If you cut shorter, your altering the overall twist rate.
I actually contacted S&W to perform a X frame barrel swap from my 12" to the 8-3/8", they said they could do it, about a 10 week wait and about $600 .

FYI, don't cut your barrel. The X frames use "gain twist" rifling which is a progressive twist based on barrel length. If you cut shorter, your altering the overall twist rate.
I actually contacted S&W to perform a X frame barrel swap from my 12" to the 8-3/8", they said they could do it, about a 10 week wait and about $600 .
I have a BFR

But I need to read about this progressive twist, sounds interesting.

Back
Top Bottom