Desert Eagle Megathread…

I didnt know they had conversions either.

I was thinking of a SW .460, but now I might lean towards another MR gun.
.460 is probably too long to fit in the Deagle, but their BFR can handle just about anything. I've had a long interest in a .45-70 BFR mainly to shoot the 3 round ball guard load. It would basically be a 2.5 inch .410 buck shell on steroids given the balls are .46" instead of .36" in diameter and they'll be stabilized by rifling.

@andrew1220 , make sure you wipe the sweat off your new DE.

DcI0OInVQAA1FuF.jpg

Make sure you have a competent gunsmith on speed dial. When I asked my guy about it, he gave me a hard no, don't bring it to him because he didn't want to deal with the problems.

Did you buy it yet?
If anyone finds one let me know. I can only find a couple on gunbroker.
I’m doubtful I’ll be able to get one - at a fair price anyway. I’m not spending crazy covid panic inflated prices.

You know would would be awesome to own. A Desert Eagle chambered in .44mag. If you had one of those you’d be one cool MFr. Hell you’d get more attention from the other sex then Maura Healy gets on this site.
Im sorry what was it you wanted from me again?

You know would would be awesome to own. A Desert Eagle chambered in .44mag. If you had one of those you’d be one cool MFr. Hell you’d get more attention from the other sex then Maura Healy gets on this site.
Im sorry what was it you wanted from me again?
[laugh]

if it is the model that allows for swapping calibers.. then go for it.

if it is the older variety, that does not allow for upper changes do not buy it.
if you don’t at least have the option for swapping to 357 or 50, you will kick yourself.

if you get a DE.. you WANT a 50.. everybody wants a 50.

I used to own one.

I bought it because I was interested in having a .50AE pistol, and because the design intrigued me. The price was great, too.

It came with a .44 setup, which I wasn't that interested in. On a lark, I bought some .44 and brought that out to the range for fun.

Wouldn't you know it? That pistol is really well suited for .44. I feel like it's a novelty in .50, but in .44 I really could see situations where it would be legitimately useful. Not many, mind you, but some. Probably a revolver would suit you better, but I can understand the want for a DE and I approve of it in .44 mag.

If anyone finds one let me know. I can only find a couple on gunbroker.
I’m doubtful I’ll be able to get one - at a fair price anyway. I’m not spending crazy covid panic inflated prices.

any color preference? And what price range do you consider ok?

I guess I'm late to the party again. I consistently prefer revolvers to semi-autos in centerfire calibers for slow fire target shooting. I like 1911's in 45ACP best among semi-autos for that purpose, not as much as a revolver, but I've still never shelled out the money to buy any 1911--always something I'd rather buy instead. I can't see wanting a DE for defensive use, so I have no trouble talking myself out of one. Probably none of that helps if a DE is your second kind of cool.

Back
Top Bottom