Deville pushes Bill with 1 handgun purchase per month limit

it says....." It would also limit gun buyers to purchasing one firearm a month."

nothing about one handgun.....

could be rifle, handgun, shotgun, black powder gun.....but just one a month unless this was reported incorrectly.

it says....." It would also limit gun buyers to purchasing one firearm a month."

could be rifle, handgun, shotgun, black powder gun.....but just one a month unless this was reported incorrectly.

You honestly don't think he'd let that one slip through, do you?

Maybe I'm missing something - how is restricting legal gun purchases to 1 per month going to have an impact on crime in Boston?

Is Deval inferring that the 16 homocides were committed using legally purchased guns? Anyone have any stats on this? Were any of them committed using legally purchased guns?

Maybe they should focus on limiting illegal handgun purchases to 0 per month. I believe that would have a greater impact on crime that restricting what us law-abilding citizens can do.

He's inferring that these guns are provided to these thugs by us, legal firearm owners. There is no other justification than this.
Using this logic, there should be restrictions on the Muslim religion as 911 was perpetrated by practicing Muslims.
There should be restrictions on Hispanic people because of the crimes committed by the Mara Salvatrucha gang as they are Hispanic.
Alcohol should have the same if not more restrictions.

NOT true. Massachusetts law defines a "firearm" as a handgun.

Of course, the million dollar question is, will that loophole make it into the
actual law? I doubt it.... and even if it doesn't, then there is the dealers
trying to butt-cover. (unless the law ends up being very specific).

I can see the same complications w/dealers as the whole "frame is not a firearm"
bit.

-Mike

Maybe I'm missing something - how is restricting legal gun purchases to 1 per month going to have an impact on crime in Boston?

It won't. All he/they are doing is their damndest to keep us hobbled.

He's inferring that these guns are provided to these thugs by us, legal firearm owners.

Which is absolute BS in the deepest and highest form and he damn well knows it. So do all the rest of the anti's.

I didn't know that.....
Most definitions for MA gun laws are in CH 140 S121, which reads, in part:
“Firearm”, a pistol, revolver or other weapon of any description, loaded or unloaded, from which a shot or bullet can be discharged and of which the length of the barrel or barrels is less than 16 inches or 18 inches in the case of a shotgun as originally manufactured; provided, however, that the term firearm shall not include any weapon that is: (i) constructed in a shape that does not resemble a handgun, short-barreled rifle or short-barreled shotgun including, but not limited to, covert weapons that resemble key-chains, pens, cigarette-lighters or cigarette-packages; or (ii) not detectable as a weapon or potential weapon by x-ray machines commonly used at airports or walk- through metal detectors.
Full text is here: http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/140-121.htm
This is why you see the phrase "firearm, rifle or shotgun..." in MA law. You might think that "firearm, rifle or shotgun" is redundant, since in normal usage, rifles and shotguns are both firearms. But not according to MA gun law...
For example, see CH 140 S131 Para M:
(m) Notwithstanding the provisions of section 10 of chapter 269, any person in possession of a firearm, rifle or shotgun whose license issued under this section is invalid for the sole reason that it has expired

Last edited:
Notice that the governors office did not release any statistics at all.

If there are just one or two cases , then this is pure bullshit.

I would just like to see how many actual cases they have found in MA of people purchasing handguns legally at a rate of more than one a month and selling them illegally. If there are hundreds of cases, then something surely needs to be done. If there are dozens, well perhaps the police should be doing additional surveillance when they see an unusual pattern of buying a lot of guns in the registry of FA10 forms.

bullshit

Ther Governor is full of shit, Period. He is playing into the hands of the
"antis" and anyone else that will listen. It is an attempt, like Menino"s
to pass over the issue.

When people hear about tougher gun laws, restrictions on purchases and
the types of guns we (you and me) are allowed, these DUMB bastards
think that the streets are gonna be safe and that the shootings will stop.

WHAT these dumb bastards don"t realize is the the "thugs" don't shop at
the same gun store as we do.

Someone called "the GOvernor" on 96.9fm to talk about guns, the caller
thought an armed citizenary might help with the problem, in his opinion
the Governor in his opinion did not think it would help... NEXT

Someone, don't know who needs to make this point very clear, so far
it ain't happened. Maybe the NRA could make it a little clearer.

JimB

I just posted a reply to his website. I just don't know if I like the fact that they have my name and address now!!!

I would just like to see how many actual cases they have found in MA of people purchasing handguns legally at a rate of more than one a month and selling them illegally. If there are hundreds of cases, then something surely needs to be done. If there are dozens, well perhaps the police should be doing additional surveillance when they see an unusual pattern of buying a lot of guns in the registry of FA10 forms.

I highly doubt that I'd have to use my toes to count them all. The fingers alone should suffice, and maybe not even one hand. This is all just blatant BS from a bloviated sphere of screaming excerment in order to keep guns away from US not the criminals.

I need to go take my BP meds....[angry]

Originally Posted by Scrivener View Post
Which means that a Massachusetts "Firearms Identification Card" does not allow the holder to lawfully possess a firearm. Strange but true.

Which means that a Massachusetts "Firearms Identification Card" does not allow the holder to lawfully possess a firearm. Strange but true.

Just as a "License To Carry Firearms" does not necessarily mean the holder may carry one concealed.

If anyone has the opportunity to question The Devaluator in public on this, the question should be:

In your campaign for governor, you expressed staunch support for the current gun licensing system in Massachusetts, and said you would oppose any attempts to streamline the process.

Why do you support a system, in which the rich, white, and politically-connected residents of Boston are free to exercise their constitutional right to arms with little financial or bureaucratic intereference, while the poor, minority residents of Boston continue to have their right to bear arms taken from them by theie elected leaders, who are acting entirely within the bounds of law in doing so.

Is it your opinion that there should be one set of rules for rich, white people, and another, more restrictive, set of rules for poorer people of color?

Is this your idea of "progressive" policy?

Back
Top Bottom