Digital Hunter...

Check out this new scope...

Would you buy one?

http://www.elcansportingoptics.com/home.php

mainmain.jpg

I'm a gadget geek. However, that looks to me as though it's bigger, heavier, and costlier, but with no added benefit.

No, I would not buy it.

This is interesting:

The scope automatically positions the scene so the shooter can hold "dead-on" at the estimated range to the target. The shooter inputs "zero range", "bullet data", "rifle data" into ballistic software, then downloads it to the scope via USB port. Then before the shot, he quickly and easily inputs "estimated range to the target" using the scope mounted key pad. The scope then positions the scene (positions the crosshairs) so the shooter can position the crosshairs at the desired point-of-impact. This allows the scope to compensate for the ballistics of the bullet/rifle combination rather than the shooter having to do it.

C-pher said:
This is interesting:

The scope automatically positions the scene so the shooter can hold "dead-on" at the estimated range to the target. The shooter inputs "zero range", "bullet data", "rifle data" into ballistic software, then downloads it to the scope via USB port. Then before the shot, he quickly and easily inputs "estimated range to the target" using the scope mounted key pad. The scope then positions the scene (positions the crosshairs) so the shooter can position the crosshairs at the desired point-of-impact. This allows the scope to compensate for the ballistics of the bullet/rifle combination rather than the shooter having to do it.

Integrate that with a laser rangefinder and it could be interesting.

It looks very much like a techie version of a scope that's actually been arount for several years. (Unfortunately I don't remember the name.) Each scope has an internal cam, tuned for the ballistics of a particular round. After estimating the range to your target, you set the range on the scope by turning a ring, much like a camera lens. The cam then moves the recticle to adjust for the bullet drop at that range. Just add a laser range finder and replace the cam with a computer adjusted red dot, and there you are.

Ken

SnakeEye said:
yes but can i take a live .AVI of my shot and email it to myself back at home while still in the field...thats the question :)

That would be awesome!

This seems pretty high tech. Call me old fashioned, but I like the idea of figuring out where to put the crosshairs myself. Hunting is a sport, and scopes like this take the challenge out of it.

I think it would be pretty cool, if while out on a hunt, or range session, you could set this digital scope to automatically post pics here!

Back
Top Bottom