• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Digital Modes on a Mac

Apple haters generally are not looking at all the facts before hating. I understand the need to hate the most successful company in the industry, but maybe they are successful for a reason?

Lol, so apple is better because they get people to overpay for the hardware? [laugh]

They're successful because their marketing and packaging is way better than anyone else's, that's why, and they have a bunch of people brainwashed into spending
extra money for the perception of quality or uniqueness. Also, they are getting a lot of gains because people like Microsoft are pushing out turds like Windows 8 and the Surface (whatever). what have they sold, about 5 of those things? I think I saw one guy using one, one time. [rofl] At a dunks in west springfield. I wanted to walk up to the guy and go "Hey doesnt it feel cool to be one of 10 people that bought one of those?"

I've been working with macs for over a decade, and in the 90s I used to fix the things at the hardware level. I have a $3000 MacPro on my desk at work. Generally speaking, I still think it's overrated, overpriced, overhyped shit. At least my little trash can runs pretty fast and it is kinda cool that it doesn't take up a lot of space on my desk. There's no way in hell you'd catch me spending that kind of cake for one though.

The only thing I admire apple for is because the existence of MacOS makes linux look ****ing stupid, and it steers people away from that pile of shit who were otherwise tempted to do so. The less people that use that pile, the better. (Linux is ****ing garbage on a desktop that people do actual work with).

I don't get the religion though, people should just ****ing buy whatever machine runs the software they want to use. That's the only thing that
really matters. (and yes, even if it runs Linux) The rest of it is negotiable.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom