Dillon Kinetic Bullet Puller

I have an RCBS... I imagine they are similar. If they are there is a metal clamp that tightens around the area just ahead of the rim. Tighten up the hammer and bang away. Better to have more lighter strokes that a few hard strokes.... the bullet will eventually safely drop out. No bangs! I'd recommend trying it on a test case and bullet first.

What Lugnut said. Loosen the (nut?), slide bullet in, projectile first into aluminum collar. Tighten nut and tap away.

I bang it on the concrete floor as well. If you're removing lead bullets and plan to reuse them, put a piece of stiff foam inside the bottom to keep from marring the bullet. I have a Frankford Arsenal puller and there's a big "X" cast into the plastic on the inside of the nose of the puller. This will deeply mark lead bullets unless I put in the foam.

There should be at least 2, if not 3, aluminum collars. These allows you to tear down everything from .17 Remington to .45 ACP; just use the appropriate collar.

I hit the anvil on the back of my bench vise. Then, using the powder drop cap from my Dillon against the open end of the puller, I let the powder sift back into the loader, leaving the bullet on the cap.

I bang it on the concrete floor as well. If you're removing lead bullets and plan to reuse them, put a piece of stiff foam inside the bottom to keep from marring the bullet. I have a Frankford Arsenal puller and there's a big "X" cast into the plastic on the inside of the nose of the puller. This will deeply mark lead bullets unless I put in the foam.
Eddie, I bought a bullet puller from EGuns.com a few years ago and thought it was a Frankfort Arsenal brand. After I ordered a two sets of replacement collets I figured out my puller was a different brand. The MidwayUSA part # is 127020. If they'll fit what you have let me know and I'll mail them to you.....FREE. Greg

The name for the thing that grabs the head of the round is "collet." Generically, a collet is a type of vise that is circular in its grip.

Back
Top Bottom