Doe tag reminder!

Thanks for the reminder, but I refuse to hunt in Mass due to the assinine hunting laws and the a**h***s who enforce them. I give my hunting money to the great State of Maine, since the laws are much more reasonable and the Game Wardens are actually HELPFUL!!!!

Looks like I better hurry up and buy my license so I can apply. I knew I should have just gotten the sporting license when I got my fishing license, but I am a habitual procrastinator.

Looks like I better hurry up and buy my license so I can apply. I knew I should have just gotten the sporting license when I got my fishing license, but I am a habitual procrastinator.

Do it online, and you can apply for the antlerless tag at the same time.

That would be nice, but I just tried and they don't have a record of my hunter ed class, which I took this spring.

you can re try it if you haven't tried your SSN

MassOutdoors was designed with the capability of cross-referencing Social Security Numbers (SSNs) with MassWildlife's Hunter Education Program data. If you have successfully completed a Basic Hunter Education Course in Massachusetts within the past five years, and if you provided your SSN when you took the course, you will be able to purchase a hunting or sporting license online. If the system does not find a match for your SSN, you will be asked to complete an Online Affidavit swearing that you held a previous hunting or sporting license in Massachusetts or another state. If you have not held a previous hunting or sporting license in Massachusetts or another state, you will not be able to purchase a hunting or sporting license via MassOutdoors. Please note that, in accordance with our Privacy Policy, we do not release your Social Security Number for any reason.

I haven't hunted in MA for about 8 yrs now, but will continue to buy a sporting license in MA each year. I look at it as I'm helping future generations preserve the sport and help support a worthy heritage.

When I do deer hunt I go to CT, LOL. All of my deer are from there. Never got one in MA yet.

...but will continue to buy a sporting license in MA each year. I look at it as I'm helping future generations preserve the sport and help support a worthy heritage.

Thank You, you keep guys like me employed, literally [thumbsup]. Our operating budget comes from license sales.

you can re try it if you haven't tried your SSN

MassOutdoors was designed with the capability of cross-referencing Social Security Numbers (SSNs) with MassWildlife's Hunter Education Program data. If you have successfully completed a Basic Hunter Education Course in Massachusetts within the past five years, and if you provided your SSN when you took the course, you will be able to purchase a hunting or sporting license online. If the system does not find a match for your SSN, you will be asked to complete an Online Affidavit swearing that you held a previous hunting or sporting license in Massachusetts or another state. If you have not held a previous hunting or sporting license in Massachusetts or another state, you will not be able to purchase a hunting or sporting license via MassOutdoors. Please note that, in accordance with our Privacy Policy, we do not release your Social Security Number for any reason.

Why would anyone in their right mind, voluntarily provide their SSN when taking a hunter education course?

There's no possible valid purpose for collecting that data and it can ONLY be used to aggregate statistics on you.

I have my 2010 sporting license in my hand, with my customer number, and I can't log in. I've also provided my zip, etc., and the system never heard of me. I think I applied for an antlerless tag when I bought the license, but I'd like to check. Grrrr.

Why would anyone in their right mind, voluntarily provide their SSN when taking a hunter education course?

There's no possible valid purpose for collecting that data and it can ONLY be used to aggregate statistics on you.

Because they are not paraniod freaks.... [smile]

I wouldn't give them my ssn, I don't even know if it would work if you gave it to them LOL the first time I got a permit online I had to put in 3 different years permit numbers before it took one.

online hunting licenses can be annoying, but if you ever hunt where all you have to do to register a deer is put a hole in a tag, call it in and get a number to write onto the tag. I thought great thats easy!!! holly #### it really ####### #####, id rather go to a check station.

Because they are not paraniod freaks.... [smile]

I thought of one more reason...they haven't yet experienced being a victim of identity theft first hand, like the wife and I.

Believe me, it changes the way you think when you spend about all your free time for a year trying to clean up a royal mess.

Even the moron who owns LIFE-LOCK and shared his SSN as a symbol of confidence in his company, now has his company chasing down MANY people who scammed his number and committed fraud with it. I read somewhere that he had to get a new number.

Just saying!

I can't get a doe tag this year, because I'm not yet finished with my mandatory Hunter Education class and won't have my license in time. I wish I had held onto an old license, so I wouldn't have to be going through this crap.

Last edited:
I can't get a doe tag this year, because I'm not yet finished with my mandatory Hunter Education class and won't have my license in time. I wish I had held onto an old license, so I wouldn't have to be going through this crap.

If you remember the year you had your license you should be able to get your permit online. I could be wrong though

Back
Top Bottom