Does 4 efa10 limit gets reset after license renewd?

No. The statute limits the number of transfers a licensed person may make in a calendar year; not the number of transfers on a particular license.

There are some rifles that can't be xfer'd thru a FFL. Strange that the "statute" prevents you from selling something entirely after you've hit 4 via portal
The only thing I can think of that requires FTF transfer that cannot go through the RIGHT FFL are certain off roster revolvers where it is not possible to easily disassemble/remove the cylinder. Everything else can go through a FFL as a frame or receiver.

It might be cheaper to do a Form 4 from an individual to another individual vs using a dealer and having to redo the Form 1 afterwards. But that is unlikely to be one of the cases you were thinking of

So I do not see the limitation you are referencing.

The only thing I can think of that requires FTF transfer that cannot go through the RIGHT FFL are certain off roster revolvers where it is not possible to easily disassemble/remove the cylinder. Everything else can go through a FFL as a frame or receiver.

It might be cheaper to do a Form 4 from an individual to another individual vs using a dealer and having to redo the Form 1 afterwards. But that is unlikely to be one of the cases you were thinking of

Thanks. It's called a cz scorpion , had it for years and don't use it. Wanted to sell to buy a sw617 revolver.
I felt like I couldn't transfer it thru thr ffl. I'll call a local ffl this week

I saw a rhino try to go through this about 1-2 months back. Seems getting the genie back in the bottle was not worth it…

Thanks. It's called a cz scorpion , had it for years and don't use it. Wanted to sell to buy a sw617 revolver.
I felt like I couldn't transfer it thru thr ffl. I'll call a local ffl this week
CZ Scorpion carbine can go through any FFL assuming you have done compliance work (fix stock, pin/weld muzzle device)

CZ Scorpion pistol is an assault weapon and not lawful to possess or transfer so not a case that matters. Only law enforcement or MA dealers can lawfully possess a CZ Scorpion pistol.

With that said, a FFL CAN transfer it in the sense that it can be turned into a receiver and transferred in pieces. The pieces are not an assault weapon.

Back
Top Bottom