dpms upper

have a few AR projects that are basically complete lowers that need to be mated to a nice upper

while perusing gunbroker i came across this seller selling different configurations of dpms uppers

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=67187027

any of you guys bought from him or think the uppers hes selling are a good deal?

$600ish isnt bad for a complete railed upper right? hes got a bunch more in different configurations this was just the first one i looked at

do i have to bring my lower to pete to prove to him its a preban? i called him in december and inquired about a few uppers...he seemed a lil sketchy about selling a preban upper to a MA resident

do i have to bring my lower to pete to prove to him its a preban? i called him in december and inquired about a few uppers...he seemed a lil sketchy about selling a preban upper to a MA resident

Just tell him exactely what you want and go pick it up.If you are looking for pre-ban features,there is a good chance he has them in stock.I could sort of understand his concerns(unfounded) about shipping to MA..but if you go pick it up you can pretend you are from NH.[smile]

I'd assume Pete would have no issue selling an upper with pre-ban features to a Mass resident. I had to specify a post ban model even after I told him I lived in Mass. The upper isnt a firearm, and what you put it on (lower) would be your responsibility not his. Best thing to do is just ask.

DPMS isnt that bad I had one of their uppers on my 2nd build and it was ok for the money. It really depends on what kind of build you wanna do that link you have posted is more of a MK12 SPR build which I have done and my upper was about 1000 bucks but it was custom built with 18" WOA 1:7 SS SPR barrel KG Koted, WOA Upper Receiver with M4 feed ramps, ops inc brake/collar and 12 inch Daniel Defense Quad rail. I mean dont get me wrong for an ok SPR upper that is a good price but I would spend the 1000 and get sub moa groups out of your upper. I tend to stick with LMT and BCM uppers but thats my personal bias. That guys prices arent bad because you are getting the bolt carrier group too which is not the case with LMT and BCM (with those two you dont even get hand guards) I will agree with greg above though I am really not a fan of the YHM handgaurds but they get the job done and are almost 1/2 of the price of the KAC ras that I like. I would say that this upper is a pretty good buy
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=67240391
the MI hand guards are almost copies of the KAC ris
just my 2 cents

ken i was just throwing that out there as an example...i have a stag arms upper on my carbine right now and i love it...havent had a problem yet in over 1,000 rounds

what i'd really like to get is one of the stag 14.5" uppers with the true m-4 feed ramps

i have no problem shelling out the money for the better rail system later on...i just have 3 lonely lowers waiting to be shot once theyre mated with the appropriate upper

id like to get a full length upper with rail system...either knights or daniel defense...and then a 14.5" upper and an upper with a fluted barrel

and yes i know i'd have to get the flash suppressor soldered on which is no problem for me with the 14.5"

im currently running my stag with arms sir rail system and i love it but the arms system is a little on the heavy side so i was thinking of something more lightweight for my next rail

and what do you think of this???? garbage for such a low price???

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=67183832

Those Stag limited edition 14.5" uppers were cool when you can find them I really liked how they went with 1/7 twist barrels on that model instead of 1/9

I actually considered that guys uppers once but a few things turned me off
- i dont like 1/9 twist barrels
-the components are not named it says same stuff rock river uses but I like knowing who makes each part on my rifle and not having some guys thrown together upper
once again I am real picky about my AR parts so keep my insanity in mind
The price is def. a bonus and it does have M4 feed ramps which I also like
Its not a bad upper by any means but I would still rather buy and LMT or BCM 14.5 and weld on a phantom

Back
Top Bottom