Dress up your AR nice and fancy - Wood Stocks

I'm thoroughly conflicted. As the AR platform moves more and more into the hunting arena I can see these being toted through the woods.
I just don't think I could do it. But, I'm so oddly interested.

http://ar15woodstocks.com/

One example

IMG_0201_800x329.jpg

Last edited:
uhh...err....umm....

I'm not quite sure what to think. Looks like the wood should have been on a lever gun and not on an AR.

As far as an AR for hunting: go camo.

Last edited:
uhh...err....umm....

I'm not quite sure what to think. Looks like the wood should have been on a lever gun and not on an AR.

That was one of my first thoughts. The more I look at them the more I start to suffer from that strange syndrome that makes me want to buy... well, anything.

One of the reasons Eugene Stoner built the AR platform as he did was to eliminate the wood stock and all the care and weather reactions such materials exhibit. While you may have an aesthetic opinion on the matter, as a practical choice it is pure fail.

Oh, sure, just rain on the parade why don't you!

I think this could go either way, depending on the exact setup of your rifle. I think it'd go really well with one of those ATI .410 uppers. I mean, shotguns are supposed to have nice wood stocks, right?

call me old fashioned, but i think wood should be reserved to the AKM and should never be put in the same room as an EBR.

It's like dressing up the queen of england in a prostitute's garb- it just doesn't fit.

It's lipstick on a pig but I'm still fascinated with it. Can't explain it but I'm seeing a nonanodized or coated receiver (flat top) with engraving and a set of these. Just 'cause.
It'd be the greatest abomination.

I agree with the look of wood on a FAL. I dig it.

Like almost anything else, it has it's place, but I have to agree that the base rifle is not the right demonstrator for the assetics, which is all this is going for.

Flat top reciever
Bull Barrel with no front signt
Mount a hunting style scope on it
Maybe even a Stainless Steel Duracote or Cerakote finish on the recievers and stainless barrel.

Or, if you're a druglord / warlord looking for a status symbol - Gold Plate the reciever and barrel

I can't see it on an AR, but I just gotta say . . . that is one hell of a nice piece of walnut on the buttstock in that photo! Looks like the sort of thing you'd find on a Purdey or Holland & Holland.

Supposedly if you add these pieces it prevents the AR from going on a killing spree on its' own. It also prevents it from killing kittens and stealing babies to eat.

Seriously, take away the "B" from any EBR and it becomes totally docile and safe, kinda like a nice OU 20ga.

I don't have an AR yet, but if I did, I'd keep it all black and killy looking. On the positive side however, it is one more option for a system that already has hundreds of options.

I can think of one application where it wouldn't hurt function. Target rifle. A few extra pounds is good, and it sure looks nice.. :) I'd probably go with a simpler grain..
Anyway

It's like looking at an accident as you drive by. You don't want to look but you can't help yourself and you steal a glance now and again but just drive on thanking God you're not the one everyone is looking at.

If you want wood, buy a Garand. I know.......why not put plastic on one of them? Yeah! That'll do it. What's next? Corian?

Everyone of you who have your wallets out, looking for your credit cards, STOP!!! Put them back. You'll thank me in the morning.

Rome

Back
Top Bottom