Drop in Trigger Kits for M&Ps

This may be of interest for those of you with M&Ps. I picked this up on the Sig and S&W forums. Apparently GrayGuns has announced drop-in trigger and extractor kits for S&W M&Ps.

I can vouch for their work on Sigs. If I did own an M&P I wouldn't think twice about ordering this - especially for a Mass M&P. In fact, this might just get me interesting in buying an M&P

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-...112969-new-m-p-parts-available-soon-apex.html

Another source is Speed Shooter Specialties. They do a lot of stuff with S&W's. They have a tool steel extractor, which is approved by the USPSA for production. Another product is a titanium safety plunger, and they are about to release their own sear. The sear is being tested by gunsmiths other than Speed Shooter, so the opinions will be more than just the supplier.

Another source is Speed Shooter Specialties. They do a lot of stuff with S&W's. They have a tool steel extractor, which is approved by the USPSA for production. Another product is a titanium safety plunger, and they are about to release their own sear. The sear is being tested by gunsmiths other than Speed Shooter, so the opinions will be more than just the supplier.

I purchased the titanium plunger from SS and it actually made my trigger pull worse, grittier. I think the problem is that the titanium plunger is a tighter fit in the slide than the stock unit.

I purchased the titanium plunger from SS and it actually made my trigger pull worse, grittier. I think the problem is that the titanium plunger is a tighter fit in the slide than the stock unit.

If anyone will have a lousy experience, it always seems to be you.[grin]
Other users have posted good results. I just radiused the heck out of the stock part.

If anyone will have a lousy experience, it always seems to be you.[grin]
Other users have posted good results. I just radiused the heck out of the stock part.

I radiused the stock part myself, but gave the Ti part a try anyway. You can feel the difference moving the two parts by hand in the slide; the stock part is smoother. I think if I polish the slide the custom part will work. Just measured the two with a micrometer and the are with half a thou of each other with the Ti part being slightly smaller. There goes my theory!

Hi guys. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Scott Folk formerly of Grayguns, Inc.

I've left GGI and made the move to Central California to work with Randy Lee at Apex Tactical Specialties.

Apex has created the Apex Hard Sear for the M&P line of pistols.

You can find more information on our shopping cart at the following link:

http://www.apextactical.com/hp_zencart/

I'm available to answer any questions any of you may have about our parts and services. Just email me at [email protected] or PM me on this board.

Thanks

Scott

Here are pics for you guys.

mpsear2.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

mpsear1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Scott Folk formerly of Grayguns, Inc.

I've left GGI and made the move to Central California to work with Randy Lee at Apex Tactical Specialties.

Apex has created the Apex Hard Sear for the M&P line of pistols.

You can find more information on our shopping cart at the following link:

http://www.apextactical.com/hp_zencart/

I'm available to answer any questions any of you may have about our parts and services. Just email me at [email protected] or PM me on this board.

Thanks

Scott

Hi Scott

I purchased one of your sears and very eager to try it out when i get it.

I'm not going to be altering my factory 6 lb trigger as my M&P is a carry/home defense pistol and I definitely do not feel comfortable with less resistance to trigger movement.

I will say, however, that Apex Tactical products are of a very high quality. Their replacement firing pins for S&W revolvers are superb and completely cured the light hit problem I used to have with my Model 65.

I'm not going to be altering my factory 6 lb trigger as my M&P is a carry/home defense pistol and I definitely do not feel comfortable with less resistance to trigger movement.

I will say, however, that Apex Tactical products are of a very high quality. Their replacement firing pins for S&W revolvers are superb and completely cured the light hit problem I used to have with my Model 65.

You don't live in MA either....[rofl]

Scott - it's nice to see you here on NES. I'm still loving the P226 you guys fixed up for me a couple of years back.

I just had a trigger job done on my non-Mass compliant M&P .40, and although I am not sure which one the gunsmith used, I am thrilled with the results!

Hey guys.

Randy, Lisa and I got to work on a video for the installation of the "Apex Hard Sear".

Here are some photos of the production process. The video should be posted by the end of the day tomorrow.

CIMG1241.jpg

I'll post a video of the blooper reel as soon as I get it together.

Last edited:
I received mine. I'm going to try it on both the standard sear block assembly and the MA assembly. I offer M&P trigger jobs but these being out of tool steel should be way harder and should last longer than filed factory steel.If anybody needs them installed PM me.

Last edited:
I didn't really have a M&P to use as a control so I had to use my gun.

Here's what i got . I tried it on my M&P 9 that I already did a trigger job on and has a pull of 4lbs 10oz ,but it has a standard sear block and trigger return spring and a modified firing pin safety.

I swap my sear out with the Apex in the same setup and i got a 4lb 8oz pull.

Then i swapped the sear block out for a MA block and still had the standard trigger return spring in and had a 6lb 8oz pull.

The Apex sear had a nice smooth break and a quick reset like my modified sear.It also would last longer than mine seeing that the Apex being out of tool steel.I'm sure the filing and stoning has cut past the hardness of the stock sear .

I'm missing something here. I find no difference between the sear block assembly (MA) that came with my M&P 9 and the standard "Free State" sear block assembly. The difference in my pistol was the trigger return spring.

The standard plunger and spring under the sear is differnt than the MA one along with the trigger return spring on the "free state" guns.

The plunger looks like a little pin and the spring is lighter on the "free state" sear assembly. The MA plunnger it mushroom shape and has a stiffer spring.

I'm missing something here. I find no difference between the sear block assembly (MA) that came with my M&P 9 and the standard "Free State" sear block assembly. The difference in my pistol was the trigger return spring.

Just a heads up to anyone interested in buying one of these, they are in stock on the website but they are selling out FAST. I ordered mine last night at midnight when they were showing 33 in stock, and now 7 hours later they have 21. Apparently this is a popular product!

Just a heads up to anyone interested in buying one of these, they are in stock on the website but they are selling out FAST. I ordered mine last night at midnight when they were showing 33 in stock, and now 7 hours later they have 21. Apparently this is a popular product!

As of this morning at 8:30 am est only 17 left after I got mine [smile]

I bought a couple of M&P sears from Speed Shooters Essentials. Their product description warns that installation should be done by a gunsmith. They weren't kidding. These sears aren't finished at all in the area where the sear contacts the striker. These are the worst after market sears I have ever encountered.

Back
Top Bottom