Drop in Trigger Kits for M&Ps

Just finished the installation of the Apex striker block and reduced power spring. I had previously installed the Apex sear which reduced the trigger pull, made the break crisper and shortened over travel /reset. The striker block with its reduced power spring made the trigger a little smoother but also made it easier to feel when you had finished take up and were actually pressing on the sear. This combo has yielded a trigger that actually compares favorably to some of my match guns; I am impressed.

Oh man....It's been a heck of a day....we got the Trigger Bar Springs in and they're all packed and ready to go.

Our Duty/Carry Action Enhancement kits are on our web-store. The kit includes our sear, striker block and spring, duty rate trigger return and sear springs.

The combination should yield a pretty nice carry trigger.

For those who already have our sear and USB, we will have the spring only kits up in the next day or so. We are attempting to reconfigure our shopping cart to allow for parcel post shipping.

If you absolutely cannot wait for the shopping cart, email us at [email protected] We (to be read LISA) will be processing the spring kits manually until the shopping cart is set up.

Remember, be nice to Lisa in your emails. She has lumps of coal for the naughty ones.
:p

http://www.apextactical.com/hp_zencart/

T_Bar_Springs.jpg

qa_manager.jpg

Oh man....It's been a heck of a day....we got the Trigger Bar Springs in and they're all packed and ready to go.

Our Duty/Carry Action Enhancement kits are on our web-store. The kit includes our sear, striker block and spring, duty rate trigger return and sear springs.

The combination should yield a pretty nice carry trigger.

For those who already have our sear and USB, we will have the spring only kits up in the next day or so. We are attempting to reconfigure our shopping cart to allow for parcel post shipping.

If you absolutely cannot wait for the shopping cart, email us at [email protected] We (to be read LISA) will be processing the spring kits manually until the shopping cart is set up.

Remember, be nice to Lisa in your emails. She has lumps of coal for the naughty ones.
:p

http://www.apextactical.com/hp_zencart/

T_Bar_Springs.jpg

qa_manager.jpg

What will the trigger bar springs accomplish?

The Trigger Bar Spring paired with the Increased Rate Sear Spring will bump the trigger pull weight up buy about 1.25lbs. Giving the user the ability to mix and match springs as he/she sees fit to customize their gun to their own wants/needs.

Scott

The Trigger Bar Spring paired with the Increased Rate Sear Spring will bump the trigger pull weight up buy about 1.25lbs. Giving the user the ability to mix and match springs as he/she sees fit to customize their gun to their own wants/needs.

Scott

Good idea. The trigger in my M&P is now perfect for a match, but I wouldn't want to carry it.

After we released the Sear and USB Kit, we realized that there are a lot of people that consider a 4.5 lb trigger too light for carry. We have a few LE agencies looking at picking up our parts and adding them to their guns as "Standard Equipment". So, we'll see how that goes.

Scott

O.K. took the time today and did the sear job. Dropped the trigger pull from 6.8 pounds avg. to 5.2 pounds. In less than a half an hour taking my time and watching the video.

Now the striker block has become more of a challenge, the rear sight won't budge. I don't want to damage it, any suggestions?

Last edited:
I would recommend maybe a bit of oil on the rear sight to loosen it up a bit. Make sure you've got the slide clamped well in a vise (without crushing it) and try again. What kind of punch and hammer are you using?

Scott

Hi Flork, Please confirm for me that I have understood correctly.... Installation of an "DCAEK" in my 9c originally with Mass. compliant trigger would yield 5.5 lbs approximately.

Looking forward to your response.

-R

Flork, just installed your trigger kit for a friend... hard sear and usb

the rear sight screw can be easy to take out, it was easy for me... i got a perfect size Allan, put it into the screw and then heated the Allen with a lighter, idea was to transfer the heat to just the screw and it unscrewed very easy. my Allan wrench has a handle so i didn’t burn myself, if it doesn’t use gloves etc. a hair dryer might work but what i did worked perfect.

to push out the rear sight, well that fckr was in there... i just took my time on that one.. no advise to help it, oil doesn’t do sht... just a small hammer and punch pin taped up, couple hits re-tape it because the tape wears out.... would have liked a nice hardwood dowel like "oak" for that job... to hammer it back in i just used your plastic thing against the sight and then played tappy tap and used a punch pin for the last bit.. my only advise is take your time...

all said and done, the trigger is nice... do not like all the play in it, its lighter and a heck of allot better.. the trigger resets allot quicker, should make double taps friendlier... i would not carry an m&p without it.

this really didn’t take long to do,, an hour at the most and 15 mins was thinking about hammering the rear sight and 15mins playing tappy tap re-tape. it's easy, a caveman could install it...

Last edited:
Hi Flork, Please confirm for me that I have understood correctly.... Installation of an "DCAEK" in my 9c originally with Mass. compliant trigger would yield 5.5 lbs approximately.

Looking forward to your response.

-R

We found that the sear spring in the MA compliant guns is far different from the standard sear springs, so the use of our current sear spring is not possible at the moment. Don't worry, all is not lost.

With the installation of our DCAEK the trigger pull is still in the mid to high 5 lb range. We're working on a reduced rate spring to fit the MA. Compliant guns.

Thanks.

Scott

I would recommend maybe a bit of oil on the rear sight to loosen it up a bit. Make sure you've got the slide clamped well in a vise (without crushing it) and try again. What kind of punch and hammer are you using?

Scott

Ok it was in a vise and pretty tight. I started with a brass punch and when that didn't work I went to a steel one. I used plenty of tape but a small gunsmith hammer. I will soak it with oil and try a bigger hammer. Thanks

hmmmm, sounds like it's pretty well in there. If you're worried about it, you can send it to us with your USB kit and I can install our kit for you for $25 plus $7.50 return shipping. You would only need to send the slide and the parts kit (Not the frame).

Scott

Scott, I put some good penetrating oil down the hole where the set screw goes. I'm letting it work in and will try it again tommorrow night.

I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks Jay

I found that the MA spring is way stiffer also the sear plunger is also different in the MA guns.

One solution is to buy a sear assembly block (Brownells has them) for $25. Not cheap, but you get all of the parts including a sear.

Ok it was in a vise and pretty tight. I started with a brass punch and when that didn't work I went to a steel one. I used plenty of tape but a small gunsmith hammer. I will soak it with oil and try a bigger hammer. Thanks

In watching Randy's install video He removes the site by hitting in from left to right( when looking at the rear of the slide) I had the same issue when trying to get mine out and ended up taking it to a gunsmith. Go figure.. my site slides in the opposite way and needed to be drifted from Right to left to remove it. I'd say give that a try. Also I wouldn't use a steel drift on your site unless you like a totally buggerd up site! (voice of experience)

I've experimented with some of these parts and to get a crisp 6lb trigger I've used the following:

Hard Sear
Firing Pin Block & included spring
Ma trigger return spring
Everything else is stock MA gun

6lb was a little more than I wanted for my purposes so I went back to a reduced power trigger return spring and it's about 4.5lbs now

This was a very easy install (except getting my damn site off) and well worth the money - Thanks Apex

We found that the sear spring in the MA compliant guns is far different from the standard sear springs, so the use of our current sear spring is not possible at the moment. Don't worry, all is not lost.

With the installation of our DCAEK the trigger pull is still in the mid to high 5 lb range. We're working on a reduced rate spring to fit the MA. Compliant guns.

Thanks.

Scott

So, If i am reading this correctly. Since i want a 5.5 - 6# trigger for carry then this would be the solution as it is and there would not be an issue with the Mass compliant parts co-existing with the kit other than the slightly higher trigger weight. Am i correct????

Back
Top Bottom