Dry fire practice

Did you have to adjust any settings for the mantis to work with the dryfire mag? I let a friend borrow my Mantis and a dry fire mag. The Mantis doesnt seem to pick up every "shot" for her. I bought the dryfire mag a while back because I have a p320, but never actually used it.
Yes. In the Mantis app under "settings", you scroll down to "shot detection mode" and select "SIRT" or "dry fire" (the rightmost button). There is a sub-menu under that, mine is set to "SIRT/DFM". There are other settings under THAT setting as well, such as minimum score to be considered a dry shot and time between shots (because the dry fire mag goes click when you release the trigger as well).

I don't want to sound like a Mantis fanboy, they have their problems. The first one I had was defective (worked in dry fire, not in live). Their customer service replaced it pretty quickly, but the replacement won't self-calibrate (required to begin a session) if the battery gets below ~50%.

Yes. In the Mantis app under "settings", you scroll down to "shot detection mode" and select "SIRT" or "dry fire" (the rightmost button). There is a sub-menu under that, mine is set to "SIRT/DFM". There are other settings under THAT setting as well, such as minimum score to be considered a dry shot and time between shots (because the dry fire mag goes click when you release the trigger as well).

I don't want to sound like a Mantis fanboy, they have their problems. The first one I had was defective (worked in dry fire, not in live). Their customer service replaced it pretty quickly, but the replacement won't self-calibrate (required to begin a session) if the battery gets below ~50%.
Appreciate the feedback. I have enjoyed the mantis for the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom