E forms

dgrafton

NES Member
Ok, so tried to file my first eform 1 today and couldn't. How many people here had a hard time figuring out the eform site their first time?

I have a PO Box mailing address and could not put in my residential address. I also tried to attach my trust documents, and they never attached. The docs are well below the size limits.

I sent a query email, so I guess I will have to wait for an answer until Tuesday at the earliest.

Last edited:
Also curious to know. I struggle with technology regularly, so I ended up paper filing. A step-by-step would be amazing for those of us who are less technically inclined.

Last edited:
Haven't seen that, thanks.

Tried a friend's computer and got files attached. Now have to figure out address and question 10. Going to look through that link.

ETA: That link was great! Only question now is putting physical address in and I should be able to pay and submit!

As discussed with dgrafton offline, the ATF has eliminated the use of P.O. boxes for trust addresses. You must use a physical address for eForms Form 1s. Here's a brief (and inadequate) blurb on the topic on the ATF's "eForms 101" guide:

Use of P.O. Boxes

Please do not use a PO Box address as the address for the maker or transferee. The physical address of the legal entity (trust, LLC, etc.) must be used. Specific questions on this topic can be submitted to the "Ask the Experts – NFA Question".

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick callback Jeff! Great service from you from start to finish with my trust!

Got my form submitted!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom