Eastern Rifle and Revolver Club - Lynn

I stopped by and had to re-apply...kind of. One thing I forgot, to be a member there, you have to be a member with NRA. That is cool that they do that. They meet there on Weds. nights from 7-9. You can stop down there between those times. I need to fill out paperwork and go back down next wednesday night.

You might want to try the range in Malden (mystic) as well.. havent been there myself, but I hear it is a great place.

I think Eastern has a nicer range; Melrose was on the dark and dusty side when I shot some matches there a couple of years ago. Best to visit both and form your own conclusions, though; nice people at both.

I think Eastern has a nicer range; Melrose was on the dark and dusty side when I shot some matches there a couple of years ago. Best to visit both and form your own conclusions, though; nice people at both.

melrose != mystic ... mystic is in malden and from the pcitures it looks like you could eat off of the floor

Malden is definitely nicer then eastern IMO. However, mystic doesn't allow rifle shooting(even .22 rifle) while eastern does...and eastern is closer to my house too.

Sorry Lord, that's incorrect (at least as far at the rifles, lol).

Mystic (MVGC) allows rimfire caliber rifles in .22, .17. We have a junior rifle program in place and are planning to shoot smallbore league next year. We also allow all magnums (handgun), jacketed ammo is allowed as well. We spent some $$$$ on a backstop that uses ground tires for a media that works extremely well. We also spent a bunch of $$$ on an air makeup exhaust system that cleans the air rapidly yet still keeps the range warm. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the club and are constantly upgrading something or another. Any one interested in MVGC feel free to contact me, I'll make arrangements to meet you and show you the club.

Last edited:
melrose != mystic ... mystic is in malden and from the pcitures it looks like you could eat off of the floor

Melrose Fish and Game is in Melrose, near Mount Hood Golf Course. I shot bullseye there in the league years ago, they had caliber and ammo restrictions IIRC.

Thanks for the kudo's William, we try to keep the place clean enough that you'd be comfortable bringing your mom, lol!

Melrose Fish and Game is in Melrose, near Mount Hood Golf Course. I shot bullseye there in the league years ago, they had caliber and ammo restrictions IIRC.

Thanks for the kudo's William, we try to keep the place clean enough that you'd be comfortable bringing your mom, lol!

No prob, I'm interested in coming by mystic and checking it out.. Ill PM you for a tour ... Im out of work and am trying to save some cash right now. Eastern is less than a mile from my house though, so thats the obvious reason I may join there first.

Did anyone get a membership here yet? I've been away the last 2 Wednesdays and have not been able to get there.

I hope to go back this Wed. night. Someone SHOULD be there by 7pm...you need to knock on the door. The front door might still be caged up, just go and knock on the door on the right side of building. I would go by around 7:30 just to be sure.

Did anyone get a membership here yet? I've been away the last 2 Wednesdays and have not been able to get there.

I hope to go back this Wed. night. Someone SHOULD be there by 7pm...you need to knock on the door. The front door might still be caged up, just go and knock on the door on the right side of building. I would go by around 7:30 just to be sure.

I am away this Wednesday too, but was planning on calling. Let me know if you get in.

I'd stopped by last week with a friend -

Small club, range is downstairs, 25' minimum distance, hand crank the targets in/out. No silhouette targets allowed, no magnum rounds. Upstairs main area is somewhat smokey. Most parking is down the street at the park so you walk up the street with your gear.

24x7 key card access. Their heating system in the range is new and boy does it crank out heat.

Sonny and Ron were very friendly.

I finally joined last Wednesday but have not received my key card yet. I'll give an update when I get in there. Seemed like a nice bunch of guys though.

I have had a very positive experience. I visit about twice a week. Just a card key to gain entrance. Hours are from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM. No problems at all and a great bunch of guys. [grin]

I have had a very positive experience. I visit about twice a week. Just a card key to gain entrance. Hours are from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM. No problems at all and a great bunch of guys. [grin]

I can't find a set of "range rules" for them - I know that its pistol only (and no magnums I think) - but how are the rest of their "rules" - visitors? mag capacity? Anything "funky"? Thanks

I can't find a set of "range rules" for them - I know that its pistol only (and no magnums I think) - but how are the rest of their "rules" - visitors? mag capacity? Anything "funky"? Thanks

no magnums, nothing larger than a .45acp, no rifles except rimfire.

its sad though. the facility was in ROUGH shape when i was there last year, and the guy giving us the tour was flat out rude to my girlfriend. i ended up joining MVGC instead (which says something, since Eastern is literally a quarter of a mile from my house.)

on a side note though, how is it that this many NES'ers live this close, and i've never met a single one of you! (oughta organize a small get together...@ Fudd's perhaps?)

Back
Top Bottom