• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Eastern Rifle and Revolver Club - Lynn

Just stopped by to get a membership here, initiation is now $150 with $100 annual dues. Dues are in January and there is no prorating for signing up in a month other than January.

Everything else in this thread still seems to be accurate. Apparently there are about 10 spots left before they are at max capacity.

I missed the meeting this year, but I'm not sure why we can't. There are cameras and <100 members.

I assume the door doesn't record what keycard was used.

I'm guessing that even if the door records who's been in and out, it would be tough if you didn't know what time it happened. If I go once a week and it's fine one week and the next it has holes, that's 168 hours of video you'd have to sift through. If you could narrow it down to a shorter time interval, and they did it more than once, then you could look for things in common. For example, if it happened on Monday and again the following Monday, you could look at how many members had carded in on both occasions and start to narrow the list.

I'm guessing that even if the door records who's been in and out, it would be tough if you didn't know what time it happened. If I go once a week and it's fine one week and the next it has holes, that's 168 hours of video you'd have to sift through. If you could narrow it down to a shorter time interval, and they did it more than once, then you could look for things in common. For example, if it happened on Monday and again the following Monday, you could look at how many members had carded in on both occasions and start to narrow the list.
The ought to only record when there is motion/activity. Still not fun sifting through.

I stopped by one Wednesday during the summer inquiring about joining up, the gentleman that was there around 7 told me to come back in December cause the membership was full. I work 3-11pm and would have to take the night off again. I've called and left a voicemail on the machine but no calls back as of yet. Can I get a membership application another way? Would the let me send a friend to sign me up? Just looking to shoot during the day hours before work and this club is close to home. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm sorry to say, I doubt they would go for that. You need to bring proof of NRA membership and a picture of yourself they can pin to the wall.

The annual meeting is coming up, 1/10/18, so if you have to take time off, that might be the best day.
This is the best time of year to join because they'll start booting the deadbeats who haven't paid their $100 & make room.

When I joined, they took my check but said they wouldn't cash it until there was an open spot. I think it took 2 weeks.

I stopped by one Wednesday during the summer inquiring about joining up, the gentleman that was there around 7 told me to come back in December cause the membership was full. I work 3-11pm and would have to take the night off again. I've called and left a voicemail on the machine but no calls back as of yet. Can I get a membership application another way? Would the let me send a friend to sign me up? Just looking to shoot during the day hours before work and this club is close to home. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Also, the rules state "no Shooting Alone"

Hello all! Bringing back a really old thread with updates. I spoke to ER&R Wednesday and the total fee for membership is $270. $150 for membership the $100 initiation and $20 for the key card. NRA fee is separate, you can get 5 years membership right now for $100. I will be going there this upcoming Wednesday at 7 pm-9 pm to join. Hope this helps.

I was just at the annual meeting Yesterday. The club is still going although not what I could call "active". Someone should be there Wednesday night to show you around, but let me know if you have any questions.

Hello all! Bringing back a really old thread with updates. I spoke to ER&R Wednesday and the total fee for membership is $270. $150 for membership the $100 initiation and $20 for the key card. NRA fee is separate, you can get 5 years membership right now for $100. I will be going there this upcoming Wednesday at 7 pm-9 pm to join. Hope this helps.

5 years for $100? I didn't hear that one, I've been a member for about 6 years. I didn't get to the meeting this year though. But I pay $100 a year.

Ok I'm an NRA, Goal, and Comm2A member. Hope to make it this Wednesday night. I only need 1 picture? and cash? I haven't found any website to download an application so I guess I must get one from them Wed. I belong to an other Club also

Last edited:
Ok I'm an NRA, Goal, and Comm2A member. Hope to make it this Wednesday night. I only need 1 picture? and cash? I haven't found any website to download an application so I guess I must get one from them Wed. I belong to an other Club also
Yep, they'll give you an application, just bring a check and picture (or I think they take one) Also, bring your NRA card or the address off the magazine they send you.

Wow, that's pretty much useless. I think 40% of my lifetime-time at club gun ranges has been there when I was the only guy on the range.....
100% of my time at the range is alone or with a guest I bring.
Although that is listed as one of the rules on the board and there's currently no masking tape over it, it is absolutely never followed or enforced. They also rule on the wall that you can't shoot without first proving yourselves to the qualifying comity... but said comity doesn't exist. I'm not sure if they just never got around to changing the board or if these rules exists for insurance reasons.

There is also no written guest policy, just don't be a retard and throw a party.

I was told last week we currently have a few openings just because people are late with renewals. So I suggest signing up quickly.

The range is basically my grandparent's basement in 1985, lally columns and everything. No magnum loads, shotguns, or rifles >.22.
The club, upstairs is more like a 1975 VFW. There are medals and trophies in the case, mostly from the early 50s. There's a tube TV mounted on an arm, dart board, pool table & small kichenettte. I currently have 10 beers in the fridge. Don't f***ing drink them!

It's a great local range, I can shoot over there, go through a few boxes of ammo and run right home. It doesn't need to be an all day event.

Back
Top Bottom