• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Economist article on “The Mill”

Junior314

NES Life Member
NES Member
It’s behind a paywall… that said they wrote a hit piece and in the part you can read moan about the reporter getting kicked out once they realized she was there.

Gee I wonder why…

It’s behind a paywall… that said they wrote a hit piece and in the part you can read moan about the reporter getting kicked out once they realized she was there.

Gee I wonder why…

archive link:

I'm pretty sure, from the way it's written, this is another Sarah Ryley piece. Of course, since the Economist eschews bylines, we may never know.

Lol did someone tell the shitty author “hey retard, you guys basically won there, are you not paying attention?” 🤣

Lol did someone tell the shitty author “hey retard, you guys basically won there, are you not paying attention?” 🤣
As others noted, when this was brought up in the ongoing omnibus law thread, the timing is impeccable. Auspicious even?

A more conspiracy-minded individual might even venture that this was written to release in response to that bill, to scare our neighbors into clamoring to their legislators to "pass it now!"

As others noted, when this was brought up in the ongoing omnibus law thread, the timing is impeccable. Auspicious even?

A more conspiracy-minded individual might even venture that this was written to release in response to that bill, to scare our neighbors into clamoring to their legislators to "pass it now!"
There are no coincidences.

yeah, it’s pretty suspicious overall

archive link:

I'm pretty sure, from the way it's written, this is another Sarah Ryley piece. Of course, since the Economist eschews bylines, we may never know.
Probably.

I just found the part where they are upset about getting kicked out funny. The way it’s written makes it even funnier.

Probably.

I just found the part where they are upset about getting kicked out funny. The way it’s written makes it even funnier.
Shouldn't they be happy to have been kicked out? According to them its such a dangerous place and essentially the lawless wild west. Outside they are safe in the liberal utopia where “Joe Biden won by a 45 point margin”! [puke]

Absolutely timed to coincide with the new law, which tells you that the MA reps who “drafted” the law were just submitting daddies work for the science fair. Should be interesting to look into the sudden bump in campaign finance from national orgs all of these sponsors of the law will suddenly show. My bet is one of them gets a new national post from Biden, too making more than $87,000 per year. Limited growth for senate runs or governorships for white males in 2023, so they need some form of exit strategy. None of them want to be state reps forever.

Doesn’t really seem like and article, feels like someone proselytizing the antigun religion at a cocktail party. Kind of we need to keep vigilant as this sneaky gun geeks are always working to get one by us…

I've been an Economist subscriber for decades. The Economist has always had a very British attitude towards firearms and has never tried to create an illusion of being impartial. Given that the article cites 2020 data when 2022 data is available at the CDC, I suspect this piece had been lying around for at least a year, waiting for an update to be newsworthy.

Waiting for the Globe article on the Londonderry range.
Edit: check their FB page.

Back
Top Bottom