Eric Manna Distributing

I bought a shotgun through Davidson's and did the transfer there. The place has lots of evil black rifles, the prices were average.

They have a range where you can rent machine guns for $15 plus ammo (by appointment) and he was about to open a 1000yd range too. Eric is a nice guy, I'd say that it's worth the trip. You can also stop at State Line on the way.

If you keep driving up that road, be careful, its longer than
it seems. There is a FORK in the road off the highway
and there is a small sign that says GUN STORE.

Yes, lots of evil black rifles. The prices seem high, but the owner
seems like someone who may negotiate.

He has good prices on ammo, if you buy by the case.

Don't bother going in the room on the right when you go in the store, unless
you want to weep. All of the goodies in that room is someones private
collection.

One thing people should be aware of... Eric does -NOT- take plastic of
any kind, so you must bring cash. There is a banknorth branch down
the street though, with an ATM, if you need it.

He also has a rental range.. You can rent like an S+W 500 and try
it out, I think there is a Deagle, and some other stuff there... maybe
a few machineguns.... I think you can shoot the Barrett M82A1 by
appointment. (its probably quite a few bucks a shot, though).

-Mike

Eric Manna Distributing, New Ipswitch NH

I went to EMD's range for the first time yesterday, and I was actually kind of impressed by it.

Range fees are $8 an hour, it's a public range so no memberships are required, and he has rentals availible as well. Of course since MD is a gun shop, there's plenty of ammunition availible, including some hard to get calibers such as 7.62x39 (he has PLENTY in stock), 5.45x39, 7.62x54R, plus plenty of American calibers as well.

The range itself is 100 yards outdoors, with an enclosed shoot shack. The backstop looks to be a cut in the hillside, and I was informed that it will stop just about anything, however if I bring anything larger than a .50 BMG I'd have to share it with the proprietor (at this point I would like to point out he has Barrets for rent, along with full auto, silenced weapons, and night vision equipped rifles).

All in all it was a most enjoyable experience, and personally I think it's worth the trip from Nashua if you dont have a membership anywhere. Even if you do have a membership, it's nice to go to a place that allows you to rent almost anything in the shop.

The location is 15 Sharon Rd. (route 123) New Ipswitch, NH, hours are Tuesday thru Friday 12:00-7:00, Sat. and Sun. 10:00-5:00

logo8.jpg

"When dead is not good enough"...I'm sure that would go over well in MA [rolleyes]

tele_mark said:
I really have to stop by there sometime -- it's only about 10 minutes from me here at work. Windblown XC is also next door for you XC skiers. What're the 7.62x39 prices like?

$6/box.

Nashmack said:

a box of 20 rounds? what brand? I thought the place close to me was high at $4.29 for a box of 20 Wolf steel cased. I paid 2.99/box of 20 Wolf last weekend at a Gander Mtn in NY. The counter guy asked me not to clear him out...

Went today

Doesn't take plastic as mentioned before. Kind of a smart-ass to customers.
Not terribly helpful. As a matter of fact, not helpful at all. I thought it was uncomfortable listening to him chewing out a new employee for not doing everything perfectly. The kid seemed scared s---less of him.
Not very enjoyable experience and will avoid in the future.

I was there yesterday.

The outdoor range is OK. It's a short walk behind and to the left of the store. The enclosed shooting shed is a bit small with just two stations inside.

The inside is a gunnie's dream. Lots of black rifles, SBR's & short shotties. I noticed two line throwing guns one with a HUGE grappling hook in the barrel - for recoil junkies ? [thinking] Oh yeah, then there's the Barretts. [smile]

There were some milsurps hanging from the ceiling and in the racks too. The ammo selection is good as well. Lots of 7.62X39 and 7.62X54R. The pricing tends to run on the high side with the 7.62X54R going at $80.00 per "spam can" of 440 rounds.

Handgun selection looked superb. I finally found a pistol that fits my oversized paws and of course it's not Mass compliant ! [crying]

I met Eric and he was friendly & helpful. I'm planning on returning so I asked about full auto rentals and sadly I was told that due to the upward spirialing costs of replacing anything full auto all he currently offers is a 9mm Uzi.

...and I wanted to rent an M-16 ! I have'nt fired one since '78 when I was in the SeaBees.

Nice place, great selection, and helpful people. I'd say
icon14.gif

Honestly I'm with News Shooter on this one. I went with up there about 6 months ago with a buddy of mine from NH to see all the guns that free people can buy, and also to look for a milsurp rifle. I immediately noticed that although the store has absolutely EVERYTHING, it seemed like very little of it was actually for sale! Lots and lots of MAC-10s and 11s, Uzis and other "evil" sub-guns in cases all over the place, along with your standard gatling gun/LAW/short-barrelled everything collection prominently displayed for all of us poor Mass folks to drool over. The place struck me as more of "The museum of stuff to kill lots of people very efficiently" than a gun store. Don't get me wrong, I'd own 2 of everything he had if I lived in a free state, but the atmosphere in the "store" is just downright creepy.

Then there's the man in question: BIG DUDE. Like Big Daddy 45 ACP big. Not there's anything wrong with being big. I met Big Daddy at the NES Shoot, and was a great guy, but this guy's the OTHER kind of big ("I'm big, might makes right, etc") Not being a small guy (6 foot 200 lbs.) people of large stature don't intimidate me, but there was something about him that I just didn't like... Well, don't judge a book by it's cover right? I asked him a few basic questions about milsurp items and opened the conversation with "I'm looking to buy..." letting him know that I was serious about making a purchase
(I am not a tire kicker and expect at least descent sales help when I'm going to drop hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars). I recieved curt, almost irritated responses that really did not in anyway help me make a descision, and most of the time he would not even make eye contact with me. I could go on about the general feel of the visit, but I think you all get the picture. Everybody has their own perception, and the place is definitely worth checking out for the display items alone, as he's got all the toys to back up his "logo" for sure! The petrified bug collection all over the walls is a bit odd though. If you've seen the movie "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas, and you remember the Army/Navy store scene (those of you who've seen the movie and been to Manna's know what I mean)...

I stopped by Eric's place on Saturday. Great shop. Lots and lots of cool rifles and handguns. I chatted with him for a little while and he seemed like a pretty nice down to earth guy. I think he may just be one of those guys that needs to get to know you a bit before he gets chatty.

Since he's about 10 minutes from my house I will be in there often.

Manna

This guy used to to do the local shows in NH. He would sometimes blame MA gun owners for the crappy laws we live under. I believe that Mike Y. called him on it eventually, and there was something on it in his column in the Outdoor Message. Long time ago, so I don't remember well. I haven't seen him at any shows in quite some time.
GC

I received the following email today:

ERIC MANNA DISTRIBUTING IS CLOSING THE RETAIL GUN SHOP IN NEW IPSWICH, NH. ALL INVENTORY IS BEING SOLD OFF AT DEALER COST, DISTRIBUTOR COST & BELOW COST! GUNS, AMMO, SCOPES, KNIVES, HOLSTERS, ACCESSORIES, ECT... IT ALL MUST GO. OUR LAST DAY OPEN FOR BUSINESS WILL BE SATURDAY JUNE 28TH. THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO FILL YOUR GUN ROOM AT OR BELOW WHOLESALE! HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON & THANK-YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS & SUPPORT.

BEST TO YOU ALL,
ERIC MANNA

ERIC MANNA DISTRIBUTING
15 SHARON RD
NEW IPSWICH, NH 03071
TEL: 603-878-0672
[email protected]

OPEN: WED 12-6, THURS & FRI 12-7 & SAT 10-5

Yeah, mine are still headed to NH as well, so when they figure out the new dealer please let me know.

As for the store itself...

I think I need to roadtrip tomorrow.

They're cutting the prices on everything in the shop, including SBRs and MGs. So stop by. I picked up some stuff yesterday and steep discounts. I only wish I'd picked up an extra 03/Garand bayonet, he had half a dozen but I only got one because I wasn't 100% sure that it was what I thought it was.