• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Essential Arms Lower Receiver

Tell me about Essential Arms lower receivers. Are they any good? Is there still a lot of interest in the pre-ban Essential Arms lower receivers? Are consecutive numbered receivers a big deal?

They’re cast aluminum and definitely a lower class than the normal forged lowers. Still though, they somehow get nearly the same price as better Preban lowers. I don’t touch cast receivers though.

I traded one last year, got big bucks for it compared to what I originally paid just 3 years before. Like Pappy said they are cast, the one I had seemed well made and I had no issues swapping parts on it however If I was going to dump that kind of cash ( I most certainly will not ever again) in a pre-ban lower I would go forged, just my opinion though.

+1 to the above. Pre covid / biden the EA cast receivers were always the cheapest....for a reason. Personally, I would stay away.

I've had a preban EA lower I got sometime during the fed AWB - bought it, and promptly SBRed it. It's my only cast receiver. It works fine - now. Painted finish from the factory on mine.

Two issues with it. The magazine well was a hair undersized. Some GI magazines (~5%) were a tight fit, a few bordering on impossible to seat all the way. The other issue was that the end of the front takedown pin plunger hole had started to expand and wouldn't hold the plunger straight anymore.

The mag well was either a casting or machining error - fixed with a file in about 15 minutes. The plunger hole widening I assume was because of the softer aluminum used for casting the lower. Filled it with JB weld, redrilled plunger hole. Stripped the factory finish, then the lower went out for Type III anodizing. Haven't had any issues since, or problems with other parts fitting. Glad I checked the receiver thoroughly before getting the SBR stamp, also glad they were fixable problems.

I know I have no interest in consecutive numbers on receivers - I'd guess someone out there will care.

Back
Top Bottom