• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Everybody loves happy endings, here's one to share

CTpatriot

Banned
www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/1-Shot-Dead-at-Waterbury-Cafe-331886291.html

Patron Shoots Armed Would-Be Robber Dead at Waterbury Cafe: Police

An armed man was shot dead by a patron after the suspect tried robbing the Waterbury, Connecticut, cafe and the patrons inside, police said.
Police are investigating the fatal incident as a homicide.

Police received reports of gunfire at Cafe Azzurri at 500 Bank Street at about 2:30 a.m. Responding officers found a man with at least one gunshot wound at the cafe and pronounced him dead at the scene.
Witnesses told police that the would-be robber had come into the cafe wielding a gun and tried to steal from the business and the customers, police said.

However, a patron carrying a legally registered handgun confronted the suspect and fired his gun at least once, fatally shooting the man.
Police seized the patron's handgun and aren't releasing his name at this time. He is cooperating with authorities.
Waterbury police haven't filed charges against the shooter.

They will continue to investigate the shooting in collaboration with the Waterbury state's attorneys office.
Police have not yet identified the victim.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.

Waterbury police haven't filed charges against the shooter.

Seriously, why would does shit like this even need to be in the article. Thief gets shot, line should read "the shooter has yet to be awarded a medal".

Kudos to the LAC. The bad guy played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.

So they took his gun, that stinks. Is it CT law that they don't take away his entire collection? If so, MA could learn from this. It'd put places like VV out of business.

Kudos to the LAC. The bad guy played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.

So they took his gun, that stinks. Is it CT law that they don't take away his entire collection? If so, MA could learn from this. It'd put places like VV out of business.
for the most part they will take the gun pertinent to the investigation in a shooting investigation. domestic violence may be another matter.

However, a patron carrying a legally registered handgun

Damn it! the liberal press will never get it right.

A. You license people not guns.
B. Define, "Legally registered" Are all CT guns registered?

Police seized the patron's handgun

They did not, "seize it" they took it into custody for the purpose of securing the evidence.

One paragraph from a liberal reporter always shows many editorial flaws.

I hope the patron lawyered up....

He should have waited until the bad guy shot a few people and then took him down. That way he has the self defense argument which would seemingly be more clear.

See, so this good guy with a gun does a good deed but because there is nobody count nobody will say how many lives he possibly saved beyond his own. How many people were in the cafe? I credit him with that many saves.

But now he is being treated as a criminal. And I'm sure if he is a different race from the robbber he'll also be charged with a hate crime. Gotta love this country. (sarc)

Last edited:
You've got to love how the article refers to the armed robber as the "victim"... [thinking]

It should be as simple as..... he pointed a gun at me, I "felt my life was threatened" so I shot him.
Seems to work for the police....

Back
Top Bottom