• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Expired Mass non-resident LTC: "Renewal" or "New applicant"?

Hi there!
Apologies if this subject's been discussed elsewhere, a quick search didn't yield the answer.

I used to keep a non-resident Massachusetts LTC (No restrictions!) but let it expire a couple years ago. Life got a little busy and I didn't have much business in Mass anyway.
But now the office moved to Mass, and I'd like to restore my Mass non-resident LTC.
I wonder which box should I check on the application: Renewal or New Applicant?
How does Mass treat expired LTCs (non-resident)? Still subject to renewal, or "expired = never existed"?

Thanks!

Renewal.

IFF you OWN the business (not merely an employee), you are eligible to get a Resident LTC from the town PD where the business is located.

What are we recommending for renewal timeframes these days? paperwork 4 months in advance?

Depends on the PD involved. Many want you to hold off till 3 months or 60 days prior to renewal. Ask the office that deals with your paperwork as to what they want. When you file, make sure you hang on to that receipt.

What are we recommending for renewal timeframes these days? paperwork 4 months in advance?
No personal experience yet, but 4-6 months in advance would be my recommendation.

Depends on the PD involved. Many want you to hold off till 3 months or 60 days prior to renewal. Ask the office that deals with your paperwork as to what they want. When you file, make sure you hang on to that receipt.
NR, not dealing with PDs, just FRB . . . see title of the thread.

Back
Top Bottom