F-Class info

Since my ar-15 doesnt qualify for 3-gun, i am looking into F-class. Is there any locations in the North East that hold this type of event, BTW, i have a Stag Arms Model 6, deffinitly not 3 gun material.

I think most area clubs that have NRA Highpower matches also host Prone/F-Class matches. That would be Reading, Nashua, Scarborough, Hampden, and maybe one or two others.

-M

It might be a little heavy and a touch long but I don't see any reason you could not shoot three-gun matches with that bad larry. I say put the right sighting system(s) on and have at it.

FWIW, there was a guy @ Pioneer this weekend with a nice AR, 24" freefloat stainless bull barrel, and a rather pricey piece of glass on it. he had no problem whatsoever shooting the 3gun match (ok, he had a SLIGHTLY slower time transitioning from prone to kneeling to engage a target 10 yards to his left, but other than that, he outshot almost everyone @ the long range stuff (6" plate, 100 yards).

was 100 yards the longest range?

I don't know about 3Gun matches, but in NRA Highpower, 300, 500, and 600 yds are considered "Mid-range" (the ranges you are going to find here in new England). "Long-range" starts at 800yds and goes out to 1000.

Because it has a 24 inch bull barrel, no iron sights, optics only,and it is heavy.

I use one of my AR's for three gun and USPSA type rifle matches. It is a flat top set up with only with a C-more red dot. No iron sights. It is shorter and lighter than what you have. I have also shot these matches with AK and M1A type rifles.

The rifle you have is real nice, and although not optimum for this specific game because of the weight, you could still do well with it. I would not hesitate to put a dot (or whatever type of optic you like) on the top of that and hit the matches with it. If you want to shoot this type of match why shut yourself off before you even get started? It is not like you are wanting to shoot three gun and all you have is a Marlin 30-30.

You could always hit the gym. Weight is perceived differently by different people! [wink]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom