Faith in God, and His Gun ~ Monsignor Packs a Pistol

Mar 17, 2010

RUMpistolpadre1p031710.jpg

Monsignor Daniel Beegan of the Holy Catholic Charismatic Church's St. Brendan's Parish in Rumford, poses in front of an altar in the living room of his small brick house. "They had a good sale on freeze-dried food," Beegan said of the boxes stacked behind the altar. "That's really the last place in the world I would like them, but it's the only place that worked." Monsignor Daniel Beegan shows off the firearm he generally carries, a .380-caliber Kel-Tec P-3AT.

RUMFORD — Faith in God works to a point for Monsignor Daniel P. Beegan of Pine Street.

But when it comes to security, the padre packs a pistol.

Beegan, a nontraditional priest who is licensed to carry a concealed weapon, draws the line at carrying his Kel-Tec .380-caliber automatic handgun into a bar.

“I consider myself as a sheepdog on guard against the wolves,” he said Tuesday.

For him, being a gun-toting priest isn't awkward.

“The Bible gives very ample justifications for self-defense, defense of family, defense of plot,” he said.

READ MORE

BTW~ I had a priest and two ministers in one of my NRA certified firearms courses recently.

Last edited:
"...and deliver us from evil." Way to go, Monsignor Beegan. I wonder if the hierarchy is pleased with this article.
There is a thread over in the training forum regarding church shootings. They happen.

Back
Top Bottom