Feature Request: Ignore threads and/or mark subforums read

I was wondering if it is possible to do one or both of the following things:

Ignore Threads: I like to keep up with all the new posts so I either look at the "New Posts" or open a tab for each sub forum. I then open up each thread to see if I'm interested in reading it and therefore mark it read. Of course this leads to having to resift through threads that I've already looked at and am not interested in. It looks like vBulletin doesn't support this natively but there are some plugins available (this or this.

If that's not possible is there a way to mark a subforum read? For instance I'd like to mark "Off Topic" read after I scan through but the only way I can find is to mark the entire NES forum read.

For all I know you may be able to do this already but I don't know how.

Thanks

how to mark a sub-forum read

I was wondering if it is possible to do one or both of the following things:

Ignore Threads: I like to keep up with all the new posts so I either look at the "New Posts" or open a tab for each sub forum. I then open up each thread to see if I'm interested in reading it and therefore mark it read. Of course this leads to having to resift through threads that I've already looked at and am not interested in. It looks like vBulletin doesn't support this natively but there are some plugins available (this or this.

If that's not possible is there a way to mark a subforum read? For instance I'd like to mark "Off Topic" read after I scan through but the only way I can find is to mark the entire NES forum read.

For all I know you may be able to do this already but I don't know how.

Thanks

I wish that hack was on the forum myself, for now tho

you can mark Sub-Forums read without marking all forums read

To do that, when in a Sub-Forum, in the menu, under Forum Tools, you get a choice to Mark This Forum Read

I've asked about an "ignore thread" feature too. I was hoping that the last update of the forum software would include such a feature; alas it did not. Maybe next one.

I wish that hack was on the forum myself, for now tho

you can mark Sub-Forums read without marking all forums read

To do that, when in a Sub-Forum, in the menu, under Forum Tools, you get a choice to Mark This Forum Read

+1 Thanks for the tip. That will really help.

Back
Top Bottom