Federal Firestick for Traditions Nitrofire

JoeC1988

NES Member
Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere? I'm having trouble locating some.

Attachments

• 16321779502547786348407063542609.jpg
    16321779502547786348407063542609.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 50
I'm in Foxborough but the ride doesn't scare me
1.What do you perceive as the advantage to this rifle over any other inline system? I get the waterproof nature of the plastic case......I've never had a problem with wet powder as I unload my rifle after every hunt ans start with a fresh charge.

2. Is any perceived advantage worth driving all over creation to find the components?

Fwiw last weekend shooters outpost had 5 of these rifles in stock and no ammo components.

Yes my questions are pointed. I am a firm believer that this nitro fire / fire stick system is destined for sales market failure and any hunters that buy them are going to be sorry they did in a couple of years when they can't find components.

Last edited:
I bought a nitrofire last October at KTP. While waiting for the NICS check (yes this firearm required a nics), I went over to the muzzleloader supplies and bought all 40 of the 100gr firesticks they had for sale. Got home and put in a backorder with midway for a case of firesticks. Took 4 months to get them delivered. Now midway isnt even taking backorders for them. Used 12 sticks to zero the rifle. Wanted to make sure I stocked up enough to last me at least a decade of seasons just in case the market failure scenario whacko mentioned were to happen.

Only place online theyre available right now is sportsmans warehouse I think.

Last edited:
1.What do you perceive as the advantage to this rifle over any other inline system? I get the waterproof nature of the plastic case......I've never had a problem with wet powder as I unload my rifle after every hunt ans start with a fresh charge.

2. Is any perceived advantage worth driving all over creation to find the components?

Fwiw last weekend shooters outpost had 5 of these rifles in stock and no ammo components.

Yes my questions are pointed. I am a firm believer that this nitro fire / fire stick system is destined for sales market failure and any hunters that buy them are going to be sorry they did in a couple of years when they can't find components.
I just think it's a cool concept. easier to load. easier to clean and it's got a really nice trigger. yea the firesticks are hard to find but they can be found just make sure you buy enough to last. I have a few packs left but always good to have more.

I've only been muzzloader hunting the last few years and I've borrowed muzzleloaders from the hunting party while hunting. first year I had a couple Doe's not 20 yards from me.. pulled the trigger and nothing. powder got wet from condensation after taking it inside for the afternoon but hey lesson learned.

I keep 3 extra firesticks with the 209 primer installed already inside my rifle strap. makes for a quicker reload (hopefully no reload needed) and with the open barrel it's so much easier to clean especially when sighting it in.

I just think it's a cool concept. easier to load. easier to clean and it's got a really nice trigger. yea the firesticks are hard to find but they can be found just make sure you buy enough to last. I have a few packs left but always good to have more.

I've only been muzzloader hunting the last few years and I've borrowed muzzleloaders from the hunting party while hunting. first year I had a couple Doe's not 20 yards from me.. pulled the trigger and nothing. powder got wet from condensation after taking it inside for the afternoon but hey lesson learned.

I keep 3 extra firesticks with the 209 primer installed already inside my rifle strap. makes for a quicker reload (hopefully no reload needed) and with the open barrel it's so much easier to clean especially when sighting it in.
Makes sense I guess. But my though is with many states not legal to hunt muzzle loader season with them I think the market is small. Time will tell

Your on nh I assume?

would the firesticks be legal for a n.h. resident to bring them into mass.
JoeC1988 is in Foxboro.
Map attached from the traditions website regarding legality of hunting muzzle loader season with the nitrofire. Yellow states are "being reviewed" by the state.....green is already approved.....white they are waiting for clarification.

Nh and mass both show in review so not legal yet. This is straight from the manufacturers website.....so if it were legal in nh and mass I'm sure they'd post it as such.

Now....this is legal to hunt with it during muzzle loader season. As far as posession by a nh resident without an ltc or fid......we all know it's established that possession of reloading components is not legal in mass without a license.....but possession of black powder is.......so who the hell knows. 😉

I find it interesting that traditions says a form 4473 is required to purchase these rifles though.

Screenshot_20211005-173139_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
N.h. says that they are legal to hunt with during the muzzleloading season.But it wouldn't hurt to check again as I contacted them several months ago

Mass sez: "Inline ignition systems are permitted providing the firearm loads from the muzzle."

Those look like they're for a "suppository gun" ..... ;)

Back
Top Bottom