Federal LTC? Someones claiming they have one...

lethalweapon3_100grana.jpg

Now how is it that Mel Gibson has proper trigger-finger discipline, and Danny Glover doesn't?

Now how is it that Mel Gibson has proper trigger-finger discipline, and Danny Glover doesn't?

Well, until recently (the court forced him to turn in his guns) IIRC Gibson was actually a gun owner. Glover I think is a big time bradyite, if I'm not mistaken.

-Mike

Commercial airline pilots who choose to carry in the cockpit are issued "credentials" and a badge. It's a federal permit but they issue the weapon. The credentials contain a picture ID and refer to U.S. Code whatever. A good buddy of mine is a pilot who does carry in the jet and he's told me in the past that he is legal to carry nation-wide. But back to original post, there's no resemblance to a Ma LTC, though.

Last edited:
James Bond said when he dies I would get his license. Along with Harry's cloaking blanket and the Terminators time machine I will be unstoppable,but I really shouldn't be letting everyone know. I would trade it all away for a Federal LTC though.

Commercial airline pilots who choose to carry in the cockpit are issued "credentials" and a badge. It's a federal permit but they issue the weapon. The credentials contain a picture ID and refer to U.S. Code whatever. A good buddy of mine is a pilot who does carry in the jet and he's told me in the past that he is legal to carry nation-wide. But back to original post, there's no resemblance to a Ma LTC, though.

I thought that they were only allowed to carry in the cockpit, and if they left the plane they have a special holster that locks the gun. They still have it on their person, but it has to be locked in this manner. While technically legal nationwide, I don't think they can leave the airport with the pistol.

Last edited:

FFDOs do not qualify under LEOSA, as far as I know.... unless there is some edict somewhere that says otherwise.

-Mike

There must be SOME Federal credentials... what do FBI or Secret Service agents get? Or do they really just carry on-the-badge? If the latter, what about off-duty?

A FFDO credential is not a "federal carry permit" but a limited federal law enforcement officer status. It was much more appetizing for congress to certify pilots as LEOs than to (gasp!!!) let mere civilians carry in the planes.

FFDOs are not LEOSA eligible since LEOSA requires that the individual be employed by a govt entity and be pension-eligible. (So RR cops, private sector university police, etc. may have LE certification but don't get LEOSA privs). LEOSA was carefully written to prevent the definitions contained therein from being used to get a "federal CCW". For example, even if you're in a hick jurisdiction where the sheriff deputizes the campaign contributors, they are not LEOSA eligible unless they are on a pension plan.

* - Yes, I know some of you mil types will explain that LEO are technically civilian, but I trust everyone know what I mean here.

There must be SOME Federal credentials... what do FBI or Secret Service agents get?
Federal Law Enforcement credentials cover the entire country. The term "federal carry permit" generally refers to the non-existent credential allowing a non-LEO to carry anywhere in the US.

Someone let this guy know I am selling Lightweight Scandium Conceal Carry Badges. Buy one from me and you can reduce the weight you have to carry every day by several ounces.

Ambidextrous, one size fits all. Comes with ID card and badge wallet.

We all have a federal CCW permit, it's called the 2nd amendment. Convincing the law man and the political usurpers otherwise is a different issue.

There must be SOME Federal credentials... what do FBI or Secret Service agents get? Or do they really just carry on-the-badge? If the latter, what about off-duty?
They get a badge and their agency ID card. Also, the US Government considers its federal agents to be on duty 24x7. So they just carry on the badge.

I've got one, but I'm not allowed to show it to anybody unless I kill them immediately afterward. I got it when I used to do contract work for the ... never mind, I can't say unless you've been read in.

Ken

Kind of disturbing that anyone would play this game. This individual may not even have a liscense which might be a good thing. If he does in fact have a super secret gubbamint machinegun/missile launch permit then I would guess he can kiss it goodbye. Where does secret not mean secret?

mban493l.jpg

ETA: I find a lot of humor in this shit, even though it's probably harmful to us in the grand scheme of things.

My friend was at a family cookout, and one of his "gangsta-gangsta" cousins got into a gun conversation with him. The kid claims he's got "a dirty .45". My buddy asks him what kind (meaning manufacturer, model) and the kid responds with "all chromed-out with extended clips". [laugh] He then goes on to say "and I use federal bullets, so if I ever kill someone, it gets traced back to the government". [rofl2]

Later in the day, my friend talks to his uncle (the kid's dad) and talks to him about guns. Turns out the uncle owns a S&W 1911 with a stainless finish, and uses Federal Premium Hydra Shoks for defensive ammunition. No extended mag, though. [rofl]

I use Brown Bear ammo, so it'll just get traced back to some brown bear in the woods of Russia.

Hey, I have an idea. Get him to take a picture of himself holding up his gun and permit at the airport in Chicago. Even Daly has to respect a FEDERAL carry anything-anywhere permit. He may even make the guy one of his bodygaurds.

And of course he can't prove it... But he's swearing up and down he has it and it lets him do all sorts of stuff. And, it looks JUST LIKE the mass LTC.

I've heard rumors, but this takes the cake. I can't honestly beleive this.

Edit: Thought this woudl be funny reading for today. He's either sorely missinformed about something or a complete BS artist.

You can't fool the gene pool.

You have to wonder... If someone had a "federal CCW license" or whatever, who's to say than any particular state would honor that?

Maybe like mass police, they are licensed in the respective state(s) they work in?

They carry on their badge. The local, state and federal LEO that want to purchase a firearm must be licensed by the state they live in, if that state has any such license.

Maybe Heller & MacDonald set the stage for this nonsense to come true ... some day.
My Drivers and Marriage licenses are good in all 57 states , right ?

Yeah, it's called a badge. [grin] GS1811 type jobs most can carry a gun anywhere they want, although the airplane thing is typical "work purposes only" and they must be "airplane certed" to be armed on board.

ETA: Some states also have "gentlemans agreements" in the laws for LEOs ranging from feds or from other states. This is mostly redundant but can make life easier for LEOs in some cases. (EG, in some cases a sworn LEO may not need to prove HR218 compliance because there is already a state law that allows them carry. )

-Mike

Last edited:
me and my guys have international LTC / MG licenses....

title 10 USC, title 32 USC... we can carry anything from a M9 to TOW missiles worldwide son! [rofl]

on our person! and we can even check for yellow cake!

Back
Top Bottom