Finally got my tech. Would love to connect with fellow NES

Online took me twice. What are you using to study? I used Ham study app which was great! I also used the following book Amazon product ASIN 1625950829View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1625950829/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_dl_ZR3JS5VBD5794DS93Q9M?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I am using the Ham Study App and the AARL study guide you linked to suppement. I have an Anytone 878UV Plus w/ a Nagoya 771 antenna that I have solely been monitoring with to get an idea of the repeaters around me. Once I pass the test, and my call sign shows up in the FCC registry, I will be eager to get on the air.

Congrats on the ticket. Study up for the general, and you'll love 30m. [cheers]
I have a FTM-400 in my go-box.......great radio.
KC1PFP is live on QRZ.com, so that's a great place to get started. Good luck !
Jim, WQ2H

This is actually the last few hours on 30m (quieter than normal because of Henri - but still lots of action):

30m.jpg

Congratulations on getting your license and kudos for already having a working rig set-up already!
Thank you! The radio was a little over my head in the beginning, but getting the hang of it. It's going into my truck soon and I'll be looking for a new base station radio.

Congrats on the ticket. Study up for the general, and you'll love 30m. [cheers]
I have a FTM-400 in my go-box.......great radio.
KC1PFP is live on QRZ.com, so that's a great place to get started. Good luck !
Jim, WQ2H

This is actually the last few hours on 30m (quieter than normal because of Henri - but still lots of action):

View attachment 515825
It's on the list to pass this winter. Right now I'm hearing up for bow deer season so not much extra time between that and the kiddos

I got mine a few years back but honestly still don't have a clue on what I am doing yet lol.

I got myself a little BaoFeng handheld, really need to do some more research and get a setup going.

As the title mentions. I finally got my technicians license and looking to connect with fellow NES members. I'm generally on both Waltham repeaters, Quincy repeater. Located in West Roxbury. KC1PFP 73
I just looked you up, I grew up around the corner from you on Stimson!

Congrats on your Tech! I was looking at the FTM-400XDR myself for the car. How do you like it?

I got my General just before Covid and then had a sudden hearing loss a few months later which made it tough to listen to the radio for quite a while, so I have lapsed a bit and haven't keyed up in a while, but hope to get back into it! I haven't even aquired an HF rig yet so need to get going on that as well.

Back
Top Bottom