Finding the "Four Seasons" of New Hampshire

Being a new New Hampshire resident, just looking for help finding the "Four Seasons" of New Hampshire: Good service and great prices, at least actual hardware, in the greater Manchester area.

I've been to Riley's in Hooksett, but I can't remember if their prices were competitive.

I suppose I could still make purchases at Four Seasons, but then there's the whole FFL thing, and the whole "feeding the MA tax beast" thing too.

Any suggestions?

MFL seems to have good selection and reasonable prices, another shop that I like if Merrimack Firearms as he will order anything, Lee's gun shop has good prices and will order anything he is out in Wilton. State line gun shop in Mason and Rileys in Hookset both have great selection if you absolutely can't wait but expect to pay a bit more nothing outrageous. Avoid like the plague Sportsman Trading Company in Amherst and recently Milford firearms has been having trouble

Rileys
Manchester Firing Line
Merrimack Firearms
Collectors Arms in Merrimack
Lewis Arms in Bow
Chester Arms

Being a new New Hampshire resident, just looking for help finding the "Four Seasons" of New Hampshire: Good service and great prices, at least actual hardware, in the greater Manchester area.

I've been to Riley's in Hooksett, but I can't remember if their prices were competitive.

I suppose I could still make purchases at Four Seasons, but then there's the whole FFL thing, and the whole "feeding the MA tax beast" thing too.

Any suggestions?

MFL, Rileys are the two biggest in the state and are near where you probably live. MFL is opening up a new store, too, in the spring, apparently.

There are a bunch of smaller shops in NH. Stay the hell away from "that guy on 101A in amherst.". There are really only a couple of shops that are bad.

If you are trying to find something difficult, call around or use gunbroker. What you really need to do is find the "local small FFL" that charges 20-30 bucks for a transfer. If you want the best price you will be using gunbroker a lot. Most of the time even the bigger shops don't deep discount.

I've also heard a lot of good things about Chester Arms. I think he is a small one man show type deal, but good prices.

-Mike

Last edited:
State Line in Plaistow
State Line in Mason
Second Amendment Arms in Windham
I am not a fan of Riley's (no negative experience, just not a fan) I do buy hard to find accessories there.
I am not a fan of Lewis Arms. I wouldnt buy anything there if they had a rare gun I wanted more than anything for half its value. Had a bad experience. Shame too, they have good stock.
Manchester Firing Line is incredible, just packed on the weekends. I live 5 mins away, so I go during the week.
2 New Gun shops in Merrimack, but haven't been to them
Al's in Derry is OK, but not one of my favorites.

It's been over ten years since I moved to NH and I still lament not being able to shop at Four Seasons sometimes. For a long time I had been trying to find the NH version of Four Seasons and I only recently realized NH doesn't have one and we unlikely to get one. If you want one of the largest selections in a big gun store experience you can go to Rileys. Manchester Firing Line is a great place to ogle the wall of dreams and you can sometimes find great deals on ammo and some firearms. State Line in Mason can be nice but it's a little far for me. Both of the gun stores in Merrimack appear to be great additions to the market and there are tons of other good FFLs across southern NH (and a few to avoid). The FFLs in NH tend to find a niche and cover it rather than find the entire gun market open for filling like Four Seasons has done. Combine that with every local WalMart carrying dirt cheap ammo and will be hard for any FFL to aggregate enough of the gun business to overtake the existing competitors.

Being in NH you can use online dealers easily. I've used galleryofguns.com a lot and jrsgunsmithing.com is an affiliated dealer who's price is just a tad over wholesale. He runs a place from his house just part time so low overhead.

I've done a transfer from a gunbroker dealer through Merrimack Firearms and bought a couple of things there to give them business. They're nice guys.

I've walked through Collectible Arms and Ammo and if you want C&R stuff he's got a lot.

Back
Top Bottom