Finished M14 receiver build up - 'registration' (not registration, right MA) required

Yes, anything that you build that is able to spit out a projectile (spitballs anyone <LOL>) needs an eFA-10 even if no S/N.

Yes, I think you need to: (a) submit an eFA10; and (b) post pictures of the build.

LoL...well, it started as this.
IMG_20170525_183519180.jpg

And now it's this...
178201d1496674619t-so-begins-xm21-bula-img_20170603_201114196.jpg

I mounted the SWFA SS 3x9 'permanently' but might go with something different down the road...who knows. I've shot 4 single shots through it with extensive cleaning between each round...really REALLY trying to do this right and break in the medium contour barrel correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

post the build, you got 7 days to send the form assuming it's capable to shoot. Is it able to shoot? [thinking]

as requested, sir!

Nice!

Planning to do the same, eventually...

lots of fun...way more than an AR for some reason.

the next build i'm putting the barrel on/headspacing myself...baby steps, right? Mac let me use his barrel vise/action wrench for the job (if i can figure out how to use it). The barrel vise won't work for my medium contour criterion (DMR barrel contour made for LRB), unfortunately, but I think the action wrench will if I can figure out how to use it.

if you're not on the M14Forum...they're awesome over there. They actually mostly talk about guns instead of all the other nonsense we see on NES. Lots of garand knowledge there as well.

Last edited:
Bought a really nice stock a couple weeks ago from a guy on NES. It had been refurbished by LRB and included a dummy selector. Since I already built the unlimited Garand, this one will not be a match type other than what I can do for Modern Military rules. Now to find a decent receiver and bolt. Franco gave me some pointers- I may just find a forged SA complete rifle and swap stocks and re-barrel.

Back
Top Bottom