First Largie of the year

45collector

NES Member
Just picked up my '09 freshwater license on Saturday. Last night I walked into the woods near my house for about 2 miles to a pond that's noted for Largemouthes. I started casting after sunset, and after 4 casts with a spinner I caught this little bugger. I didn't even bother to weigh it, but I'll guess 3.5lbs. I caught another, smaller one with an Al's goldfish about 15 minutes later.

The picture kinda sucks, but it was pretty dark out at this point.
420002.jpg

In the last few years I've mostly been Striper fishing. I figure it's time to get back into freshwater for a bit before the Stripers show up. I forgot how different freshwater fishing is than saltwater. It was extremely peaceful out in the middle of the woods last night with the only sound being an owl hooting away in a tree above my head. The walk back through the woods alone in the pitch black was a little creepy. I'd periodically switch on the Liotech Freedom I got in the group buy when I thought I heard Jason Vorheez sneaking up behind me. I'll be going back tonight. [grin]

Glad I could be a motivational poster!

Get it? 'cause I posted something and you...

Oh, you get it. [smile]

Catch a big'un. [rockon]

Got it [smile] You are a motivational poster!

I didn't catch a largemouth though. Some smallies and pickerel. And, every smallie was a pound or less. But, that saying is true... a bad day fishing is better than a good day working.

Back
Top Bottom