• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First NH Appleseed for 2023, Pioneer Sportsmen club Mar 25-26 (3 days)

nightpoison

NES Member
Almost a month out for New Hampshires first Appleseed event for 2023. The weekend will be hosted by Pioneer Sportsmen club in Dunbarton NH on March 25 & 26.

Appleseeds looks back to that fateful day on April 19th, 1775. Appleseed instructors tell the story of what happened that day, and how great men made a lasting effect on the world. How their sacrifices and desire for liberty would form a new nation the world had never seen before. Appleseed takes us back and recounts the events of that day and how marksmanship played a role in overcoming the strongest military force the world had ever known.

Appleseed is a great instructional event that examines our history and teaches the skills of what those brave men were, Riflemen. It's an exciting two days of skills training and history. You will learn how to shoot and the history of how we got here.

If you're a seasoned marksman come on out and earn your Rifleman patch. Better yet come on out and start the process to become an instructor. NH is looking to expand to new locations, add on new instructors, and build out the number of events they hold each year.

If you're new to rifle marksmanship or shooting at all, then what better place to start learning, than at an Appleseed event. The teaching focuses on safety and traditional rifle skills from standing, sitting/kneeling, and prone positions. The instructors review topics such as Natural Point of Aim, Six Steps to Firing the Shot, learning to shoot from a sling, Steady Hold Factors, Target Detection, Environmental factors, Scope and sight adjustments, and much much more.

It's a very very safe weekend of shooting, comradery, and history. If it's just you, they would be happy to have you, but it's not uncommon to see whole families and friends show up for a great day together.

If you have any questions visit Project Appleseed for more information. You can sign up at this Link, or feel free to PM me or post in the thread.

A great blog on what a Rifleman is is here.

Hope to see you there.

Who is coming? Anyone going to spend the weekend on the line with us in Dunbarton?

Rain or shine we shoot, but it's end of March so you know the temperature is going to be Great....

Well maybe that's just me, I love temps in the 40s

Just over two weeks out!!!!! Dunbarton, our first shoot of the season, is quickly approaching. For the last several Appleseed events we have had at least two NES members on the line!!!! I would like to keep that going for 2023.

If any of you are on the fence, reach out if you have any questions. It's a fun weekend, with a lot of shooting, and some great history.

@Cap'n Mike always seems to like my posts, :), so I'll keep the trend going.

We have just over a week till NH's first Appleseed for the YEAR!!!! We are really looking forward to the season, lots of shoots planned, lets start the year off strong! Looking for more people to fill up the line.

If you're not interested, please spread the word. New shooters or seasoned we take them all.

We of course are looking for new instructors. If you are interested sign up for a shoot and see what it's like.

@Cap'n Mike always seems to like my posts, :), so I'll keep the trend going.

We have just over a week till NH's first Appleseed for the YEAR!!!! We are really looking forward to the season, lots of shoots planned, lets start the year off strong! Looking for more people to fill up the line.

If you're not interested, please spread the word. New shooters or seasoned we take them all.

We of course are looking for new instructors. If you are interested sign up for a shoot and see what it's like.

Trying to support you Brother [thumbsup]
If you guys want to do a Patriot Pistol shoot at some point, Im an instructor and will make the trip.
PM me.

Well NES, first weekend of the year for Appleseed is here. Just three days away and we kick off the season.

Still plenty of time to signup yourself, a friend, or a family member.

Wow was it a great weekend or what??? Wait what? you don't like the snow... it was too cold... mud ... rain... ok ok, it wasn't the picture-perfect weekend we always hope for, but hey we got a Winterseed out of the mix!!!!!! That's right, Saturday's weather was so cold, and the snow that fell down at Pioneer Sportsman qualified it for a Winterseed!!!!

But no matter the weather, we had new and old students on the line who braved the elements all weekend long. It was an outstanding group, we couldn't have asked for better students.

We had one student requalify with his Rifleman's Patch, earning the honor of Distinction, with a score of 248 out of 250. Of course, this was on Saturday, so he earned the Winterseed patch.

We shared the Three Strikes of the Match on Saturday, taught the fundamentals of marksmanship, and got a lot of drills in.

On Sunday, the air dried out, but the frost from the overhead shelter dropped water on us like it was raining in the early morning hours. Lots and lots of mud all over the place.

After the shelter rain passed, we just had wind and cloud cover, that is until we started to pack up at the end of the day, which of course the sun decided to come right out when we were all done. haha

In either case, Sunday was just as fun as Saturday. Students had a great time and a brand new student earned his Riflemans patch with, I believe, a score of 215. His first event and he walked away with Rifleman. In fact, we had several new students and old, who were so very close. Some practice and another visit and I'm expecting more Rifleman to be patched.

We even had one of our Instructors in Training pass his final Progress Check and is now a full instructor! It was a great weekend all around, despite the weather.

We missed you all on the line, but fear not, Pelham is next month. I'll post a new thread shortly, and get the hype built for it.

Back
Top Bottom