first purchase

I made my furst purchase with my brand spankin new LTC-A no-restriction. I picked up a used Ruger MKIII for 200. The thing looked like it had never even been fired. It was in absolute pristine condition, just amazing. I didnt really planning on making a purchase yesterday, but hey, my friend said if I didnt get it, he would, so I decided to jump on it.

What a fun .22 to go plinking with. Everyone should own one!

Nice pistol. Good luck with it. Post back when you need to put it back together for the 1st time. [wink]

haha, thats what the store owner said! Ive got a friend who has experience taking them down and building them back up, so, in that case, I will have him around when I do so!

Vey nice first purchase! What do you plan to get to carry?

Im not 100% sure that I plan on carrying. I know, I know, Im gonna get flamed for saying that, but its true. Maybe in the future, but for now, probably not.

That being said, once Im fully comfortable and have had lots of practice, Im thinking of getting something in either .40 or 9mm, but I need to do the research first

Start at the top with a 10 mm and work your way down.

There Bugs, I fixed it for you.

BA2,

What you want to do is to first become a GREEN member (details here), then plan to attend the next shoot (it'll be sometime in the spring). Beforehand, make a list of every handgun that you'd like to try and post it in the Members Area. I can guarantee that by the end of the shoot, you'll have much more data with which to make your decision.

Post back when you need to put it back together for the 1st time. [wink]

Start at the top with a 1911 and work your way down.

Heh, I did a combination of these two. I went right out the first day I got my LTC-A and bought a brand new SW1911 from Blue Northern. I proudly took it home and stared at it for a bit, then took it apart. But for the life of me I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't go back together. I had visions of driving back to the store sheepishly and saying, "Um... I sorta broke this already."

I did finally get it back together. [grin]

Don't feel bad the first time I took apart a 1911 was when I was 18 in Vietnam.

It was really dirty and I thought it would be a good idea to clean it while I was drinking. After I got every single part and spring out of it, I couldn't figure out how to get it back together.

So I threw it all in a beer case and staggered over to the weapons tent and asked for a new one. The sargent in charge said, Here's another one trooper, bring it back the next time you come in from the field and I'll give you another clean one but please never take one apart again.

The next time I saw him he said that was the first time he had ever seen any one take apart a 1911 all the way down.

Been there and done that but once you do a couple, they all seem to come apart and go back together the pretty much the same way. I send my first screw up back to Smith and Wesson back after several hours of frustration and they fixed it and sent it back( No Charge).

I also took my AR15, A2 stock off last Saturday to replace it with a skeletonized stock and found and extra mini spring I had no idea where it came from. After 3 glasses of wine, 2 hours and looking through the lower with a led head lamp I finally found out it was the spring the held the pin in place between the upper and lower. Thanks god for the wine or I wouldn't have been as patient in finding where it came from. Coarse the pin falling out several times while I was screwing with it was a CLUE![smile]

Your right! I didn't read the directions but I dont appoligize for it as I am merely a man.[thinking]

Actually Bugs100 got me thinking because while I was in the Nam and Thailand I carried the M16, M79, 38 and M60 every day when I was on the towers or bunkers and I never got as close then to my M16 as I am now to my ever loving AR15. My wife just doesn't understand!

Last edited:
I made my furst purchase with my brand spankin new LTC-A no-restriction. I picked up a used Ruger MKIII for 200. The thing looked like it had never even been fired. It was in absolute pristine condition, just amazing. I didnt really planning on making a purchase yesterday, but hey, my friend said if I didnt get it, he would, so I decided to jump on it.

What a fun .22 to go plinking with. Everyone should own one!

Congrats G.

You're welcome to try out the M&P and 1911 at some point. I tried a Mark III and it's a lot of fun to shoot.

Congrats on the first purchase --- the first of many im sure.

Your Carry gun needs to be just that -- Yours --

You should get whatever You can control, feels good to hold and shoot to You, that You can conceal properly. A recommendation is just that but if your expecting to carry on your person every day it needs to be something that Your confident with, anybody else's opinion is just an opinion and may not work well for YOU.

Back
Top Bottom