First purchase!

Any reccs? Tenicor? G Code? What else? Im trying to search but must not be using the correct wording
Do you know where on the body you want to carry and IWB, OWB, shoulder, belly, appendix?
Once you have an interest post here a "looking to try IWB appendix holster, anyone got one I can try to draw from?".
Best of luck. Matt

Do you know where on the body you want to carry and IWB, OWB, shoulder, belly, appendix?
Once you have an interest post here a "looking to try IWB appendix holster, anyone got one I can try to draw from?".
Best of luck. Matt
I don’t yet. Guess u need a good belt and holster to figure that out.

P365x. Carry conceal firearm. Super excited. Broke my cherry. Can’t wait to order my full size!
Congrats on your first purchase..it is a fine all around firearm that is suited for carry and can double for home protection.
As others have said, get some training.
However, there are lots of simple things you can do for free to make you a better shooter. Find a few good you tube videos on grip and trigger press. Do some dry fire drills.
Years ago, Adam Kling from Acme Armament gave me a great drill/ tip that really improved my trigger pull. Balance a quarter on the slide, near the front sight, pull the trigger while keeping the quarter from falling off. I used a double action S&W 686 - 4". It was my first purchase along with a Sig 226. Still have both.
Buy a shotgun…..a nice pump in 12 gauge…that will stop the Zombies 🧟. Congrats and safe shooting 🍻
This. I've always had a shotgun, but when I first started my modest collection, everything was purpose driven.

Bolt action rifle - for when the zombies are on the horizon ( Remington 700 - Winchester Model 70 etc.)
Magazine fed, semi auto patrol/ battle rifle - when the zombies are at the end of the street - ( AR15 - Scar17 etc. My first was a Sig 556. AK if you are a commie and say things like "accurate enough")
12ga shotty- zombies in the yard. ( Remington 870- Mossy 500 or variant. Or my personal favorite, Benelli M4)
Full size duty pistol - they are in the house. you're f***ed ( Sig 226, 229, 220, 320 - 1911 cuz that's what God carries. CZ 75, Glocks work, but everything else about them sucks. If you buy Ruger or Taurus. zombies wont eat you because they will know you don't have any brains)

Repeat for all able bodied shooters in the house/family..

Then, I felt comfortable buying guns that were fun to shoot, or I just thought were cool AF. Several concealed carry guns, 4 or 5 lever action rifles because they rock. A few more 1911's, a S&W 6-1/2" model 29 in 44 magnum because I had wanted one since I was a kid. A CZ Shadow 2 because they are so accurate you feel like you are cheating.

Enjoy your new pistol. Shoot safe.

Congrats on your first purchase..it is a fine all around firearm that is suited for carry and can double for home protection.
As others have said, get some training.
However, there are lots of simple things you can do for free to make you a better shooter. Find a few good you tube videos on grip and trigger press. Do some dry fire drills.
Years ago, Adam Kling from Acme Armament gave me a great drill/ tip that really improved my trigger pull. Balance a quarter on the slide, near the front sight, pull the trigger while keeping the quarter from falling off. I used a double action S&W 686 - 4". It was my first purchase along with a Sig 226. Still have both.

This. I've always had a shotgun, but when I first started my modest collection, everything was purpose driven.

Bolt action rifle - for when the zombies are on the horizon ( Remington 700 - Winchester Model 70 etc.)
Magazine fed, semi auto patrol/ battle rifle - when the zombies are at the end of the street - ( AR15 - Scar17 etc. My first was a Sig 556. AK if you are a commie and say things like "accurate enough")
12ga shotty- zombies in the yard. ( Remington 870- Mossy 500 or variant. Or my personal favorite, Benelli M4)
Full size duty pistol - they are in the house. you're f***ed ( Sig 226, 229, 220, 320 - 1911 cuz that's what God carries. CZ 75, Glocks work, but everything else about them sucks. If you buy Ruger or Taurus. zombies wont eat you because they will know you don't have any brains)

Repeat for all able bodied shooters in the house/family..

Then, I felt comfortable buying guns that were fun to shoot, or I just thought were cool AF. Several concealed carry guns, 4 or 5 lever action rifles because they rock. A few more 1911's, a S&W 6-1/2" model 29 in 44 magnum because I had wanted one since I was a kid. A CZ Shadow 2 because they are so accurate you feel like you are cheating.

Enjoy your new pistol. Shoot safe.
Awesome post! Thanks !

P365x. Carry conceal firearm. Super excited. Broke my cherry. Can’t wait to order my full size!
you may find that it is pretty productive to stay within same brand, to reuse magazines and have same feel of the gun. 365 is excellent as an edc firearm.
if you care to expand now - they made 365 axg legion, it may make some sense to get. unless you want to venture into CZs or even may be staccatos. :)

I see you went straight to a smart choice, and didn’t go through a series of HKs, Walthers and other crap.
Isn't there a rule that new shooters have to buy an M&P
you may find that it is pretty productive to stay within same brand, to reuse magazines and have same feel of the gun. 365 is excellent as an edc firearm.
if you care to expand now - they made 365 axg legion, it may make some sense to get. unless you want to venture into CZs or even may be staccatos. :)
CZ makes some dam nice guns, can't go wrong with them. Maybe not a first full size, not exactly budget minded and a variety to choose from, so maybe something less $$ to figure out what you like. Then get a CZ, definitely.

Just here to say, I carry a 365X.

A couple of weeks ago I got a chance to try a 365 SAS ... I love it.

I might dump my 365X for a 365 SAS.

I can already hear all the horrible shots on NES "but you can't get 1/2 MOA at 50 yards". - same dudes that can't draw and hit an 18" plate at 10 yards.

CZ makes some dam nice guns, can't go wrong with them. Maybe not a first full size, not exactly budget minded and a variety to choose from, so maybe something less $$ to figure out what you like. Then get a CZ, definitely.
I am buying a full size M&P 2.0. Am I gonna get flamed now?

Yes. Don't do it.

Why would you ever buy that POS when there are better options?
I’ve done tons of research and watched lots of videos. I have family that works for them. American made. Idk. I have found plenty of people that like the new series, upgraded trigger, grip. What I have also found is there are tons of fanboys in this gun game. Glock sig s&w etc.

Just remember, Sig, Glock, CZ, HK etc all have preban mags available. Buying a full size gun and then being limited to neutered 10rd mags sucks.

I don’t yet. Guess u need a good belt and holster to figure that out.
Get a good belt. Tons of good options. Best piece of advice I think anyone can give in the 2A game is buy once cry once. Buy quality gear but do your homework. Now that I am taking training classes I wish I had slowed up on purchasing a bunch of handguns and spent more on training.
People will flame you for anything. Buy what you want.

Just remember, Sig, Glock, CZ, HK etc all have preban mags available. Buying a full size gun and then being limited to neutered 10rd mags sucks.

If someone actually cares about that shit, sure thats true, but the only people with prebans left are going to rape the shit out of you, so its sort of a non
starter.

These days I think people need to drop the "but muh preban mags" trope and buy something that works for them.

P01 is like $600, that’s my favorite gun to shoot. Mines an Omega but don’t get that one.

buy it, try it, sell it if you do not like it, it is not a sacred cow.
quality wise it is not a great purchase, but plenty of people have them and use them. it is your money, so, your business.

Yes. Don't do it.

Why would you ever buy that POS when there are better options?
Because he's new and he's going to make the same mistakes that everybody else makes.... stopping people from doing stupid things is difficult not to mention he might actually like the platform or something I don't know you can probably do a lot worse than an M&P 2.0. About the only serious mistake he can make here is that if he buys the shit Mass 13lb version he's going to regret doing that very quickly. The money saved at deli ticket Emporium will never be recovered.

Because he's new and he's going to make the same mistakes that everybody else makes.... stopping people from doing stupid things is difficult not to mention he might actually like the platform or something I don't know you can probably do a lot worse than an M&P 2.0. About the only serious mistake he can make here is that if he buys the shit Mass 13lb version he's going to regret doing that very quickly. The money saved at deli ticket Emporium will never be recovered.
Yup, I love all the rimfire semi-autos, revolvers and rifles from Ruger. However, some of the center-fire semi-auto pistols I could have done without. Just not the same.

There are CZs in his price range of first gun is 365!!

The CZ p10c on my hip right now (it’s a refined G19, basically) was like 500 bux +/- iirc. A CZ 75B is like 600-700 bux brand new, great range toy, almost carrryable full metal gun! 16-18 round mags flush fit, and plenty of ‘pre-ban’ stock for you mass guys from a gun that’s been out since 1975!!

I’ve done tons of research and watched lots of videos. I have family that works for them. American made. Idk. I have found plenty of people that like the new series, upgraded trigger, grip. What I have also found is there are tons of fanboys in this gun game. Glock sig s&w etc.
Try before you buy! I think we all make the same mistake when just starting out. If I knew then, what I've learned here over the years, I never would have bought my M&P full size. It didn't fit my hand and I had a trigger job done too. Thankfully, I lost very little when I sold it.

Back
Top Bottom