• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First real sturdy belt............. night and day difference!

Just got the belt in the mail, all i gotta say is this thing is truly a belt. I got it a 2 sizes larger like suggested and probably could have gotten it one size larger. but whatever i didn't spend any more money.

Big thanks to Tater for pointing out this good deal on a great belt. I've had mine for a few weeks now and its working great.

Belt came in yesterday and new holster came today. Just tried it on with the combo and man feels like im wearing nothing at all. Holds up my M&P40 like it was nothing,

so happy with the purchase, might order another one soon

Thanks for posting this link. I have been looking to a 1.5 inch belt for everyday wear and I seemed to grab the last one in my size.

Hi.

New here and when I saw this thread last week I decided to order one also. To get the correct size I followed the instructions I saw on another gun belt site. I took a belt that I use for CC and measured from the fold that holds the buckle on to the hole that fits correctly for CC. I sent an e-mail to customer service at Hank's and got a quick reply. They took my measurement and told me that their size 42 belt matched that measurement from the buckle fold to the middle hole on the belt, thereby allowing up and down for perfect fit. I ordered the belt and got it two days later. Perfect fit and a great belt for 30 bucks. I'll probably order one or two more.

Thanks to the OP who posted the link to Hank's. Follow the procedure above and you'll get a perfect fitting belt.

Don

Just got my Hank's belt in after the reviews here. Looks great! Very sturdy. Can't wait to use it.

Got one last week. This belt is very sturdy and seems like it will hold up well. For $30 you really cant go wrong, and I may order another one while they are still available at this price.

Highly recommend this belt to anyone in the market for one. The only issue ive had so far is that the metal clips on my crossbreed are chewing up the finish on the belt, but thats an issue with cb not the belt. Personally this doesnt bother me as I always have a shirt covering my belt but just a heads up for those thinking about using this belt with a cb holster

Got one last week. This belt is very sturdy and seems like it will hold up well. For $30 you really cant go wrong, and I may order another one while they are still available at this price.

Highly recommend this belt to anyone in the market for one. The only issue ive had so far is that the metal clips on my crossbreed are chewing up the finish on the belt, but thats an issue with cb not the belt. Personally this doesnt bother me as I always have a shirt covering my belt but just a heads up for those thinking about using this belt with a cb holster

I realized that, too, when I slid my Hank's belt through the Crossbreed.

So now I actually rather gingerly tuck and clip the holster on last, instead of sliding the belt through the clips. Silly what you can and do get used to for a routine of how to get dressed...

Great belt, especially for the $.

I ordered the 1st one on there list and it sucks is a saggy belt,is no different from my regular belt I'm returning it tomorrow

I also have a g23 and it couldn't even hold it, it sag

Strvecase:

How much does your gun weigh Glock 23 22.36 oz unloaded 31.32 loaded

and does it sag? No At all? No little bit No, alot? No

How is the buckle holding up mainly the middle pin? Great
any cracking of the leather? rubbing behind belt near studs that hold buckle on but no cracking
How often do you wear it and is it comfortable? Daily and yes.
can I rip it off and slap people with it like pootie tang? Slap away Mutha%$#@er!

I have a Beltman belt with internal stiffener. I use it with OWB for a M&P9c or occasionally a P226.
I carry intermittently, but I also use it for a non-carry belt.
No cracking and seems resistant to scratches.
Buckle is still solid.
I'm pleased with it.

I got one from the Beltman and it fell apart. I got one brown and one black from Andy. They are outstanding for casual or suit wear. I like the 1 1/4" belts versus the 1 1/2".

Mine fell apart, too, but it was because I didn't use thread locker as per instructions. They sent replacement Chicago screws and after using blue Loktite, it has held up for 2 years without issue so far.

Mine hasn't fallen apart, but it is significantly worn and floppy. I'm just not impressed with Beltman quality.

I have had no sagging or twisting, although it has adapted somewhat to my shape.

I realized that, too, when I slid my Hank's belt through the Crossbreed.

So now I actually rather gingerly tuck and clip the holster on last, instead of sliding the belt through the clips. Silly what you can and do get used to for a routine of how to get dressed...

Great belt, especially for the $.

Oh I always put the belt through the loops, leave my pants unbuttoned, then drop the holster in and clip it over the belt, then button and buckle up. I found sliding it through took far longer when I tried it.

Oh I always put the belt through the loops, leave my pants unbuttoned, then drop the holster in and clip it over the belt, then button and buckle up. I found sliding it through took far longer when I tried it.

Why don't you button your pants? Mine always are baggy and crimp up when I don't button. But yeah, a sturdy belt makes the world of difference in IWB carry. I didn't know how bad my belt was until I got a new one.[shocked]

Any thoughts onthe Blackhawk! brand? Hanks clothing doesn't have any ladies pistol belts. Only one decent looking that I could find was the Blackhawk! Women's Pistol Belt... thoughts??

Mrs. Zbomb said:
Any thoughts onthe Blackhawk! brand? Hanks clothing doesn't have any ladies pistol belts. Only one decent looking that I could find was the Blackhawk! Women's Pistol Belt... thoughts??

I haven't tried a polymer reinforced leather belt, but check the thickness of the belt - IME, leather pistol belts fit me like a hula hoop. I have gone over to the Wilderness Tactical Instructor belt and am very pleased with it.

Blackhawk as a brand is reputable. Their stuff isn't crap, but neither is it finely made. Approach it like shopping at Walmart...great place for basic things. Can't make a judgement for you on when added craftsmanship is important.

I haven't tried a polymer reinforced leather belt, but check the thickness of the belt - IME, leather pistol belts fit me like a hula hoop. I have gone over to the Wilderness Tactical Instructor belt and am very pleased with it.

Blackhawk as a brand is reputable. Their stuff isn't crap, but neither is it finely made. Approach it like shopping at Walmart...great place for basic things. Can't make a judgement for you on when added craftsmanship is important.

Thanks! I'll check out that tactical instructor belt. The hula hoop fit is exactly what I'm afraid of.

I bought a Crossbreed 1.5" gun belt to go with my new Supertuck and it's incredible. Built like a tank but I don't really notice the thicker belt when I carry.

Labor Day Sale - One Day at Hank's

As the title says I just received my new belt and couldn't be happier....linky here http://www.hanksclothing.com/belts.html

edit: be sure to order 1 or even 2 sizes up so you aren't using the last hole on belt. read the sizing instructions. I ordered 2+ from me actual pant size.

Just wanted to remind folks that there's 15% off the entire purchase with free shipping at Hank's for Labor Day expiring at midnight 09/03/2012 (according to the email I received today).

I forgot that it's only for tomorrow but it seemed to take the discount code OK ("LABORDAY2012") when I just ordered a new belt a minute ago.

Be careful: He has a lot of Carhartt and Muck Boots and things that you didn't realize you need!

(The usual disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Hank's, I just like the two belts I had gotten from there at a good price...)

Just wanted to remind folks that there's 15% off the entire purchase with free shipping at Hank's for Labor Day expiring at midnight 09/03/2012 (according to the email I received today).

I forgot that it's only for tomorrow but it seemed to take the discount code OK ("LABORDAY2012") when I just ordered a new belt a minute ago.

Be careful: He has a lot of Carhartt and Muck Boots and things that you didn't realize you need!

(The usual disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Hank's, I just like the two belts I had gotten from there at a good price...)

Just got this email as well and was about to look for this thread to give everyone a heads up. I got one of these belts a few months ago after seeing this thread and have loved it so far. Might just order myself a spare with this deal

Anyone who missed out on the last deal and are still interested in this belt, I just received another promo for 10% entire purchase with coupon code "FALLFIRSTDAY10%"

Code is valid until 10pm tomorrow. Enjoy

I thought it was funny how excited I was when I came across a great belt for carry not to long ago. It's just a very sturdy, black/brown reversible, LEVI's belt from the BJ's in N. Dartmouth. Fits both my Milt Sparks summer carry, and CZ IWB holsters perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom