First Time Flying...

TWtommers

Instructor
NES Member
...since I've been carrying regularly and I feel weird. Naked and and exposed. I find it's making me even more aware of my situation. Going to states I can't carry in so I guess I should get used to this feeling for a few days.

Tom

I don't carry regularly but know your feeling.
I just Came back from Houston... brought back some 6mm Remington ammo that I can't find locally. The hassles wiht airline baggage were fun. They couldn't understand that I had ammo but no gun and kept on about where my locked gun case was, etc

Still, I had a little time to myself and had great time at a couple local ranges/shops
Thanks to TopGun Range for letting me shoot those Non-MA Compliant pistols and Carter's Country for humoring my stories of MA Rules and Reg's.

I feel this way whenever I travel. Haven't found a remedy yet. Perhaps some NES 1%er will be along to give us some advice about smoking Newports. [smile]

I've been thinking about that whole 1%er/Newport thing, and I can't see how someone smoking a menthol can be seen as badass. Full flavor too much, you need the menthol to take the edge off it? [laugh]

(for those with broken sarcasm meters, I'm just poking fun [wink] )

Are you kidding me? This baby is off the charts!

sarcasm_detector.jpg

I need to get on that bandwagon as well. I am thinking of getting FL but I really want to grab a NH or ME permit. I think ME first because we can carry openly in NH anyways.

I've been thinking about that whole 1%er/Newport thing, and I can't see how someone smoking a menthol can be seen as badass. Full flavor too much, you need the menthol to take the edge off it? [laugh] (for those with broken sarcasm meters, I'm just poking fun [wink] )

Yeah, I agree. Maybe a Marlboro or a fat stogie would be more appropriate. Or perhaps a big wad of Red Man in your cheek as you adjust your hat.

I can say one thing with certainty, you'd better be armed if you decide to light up a clove cigarette.

the gun is a tool. it is NOT a gurantee of survival on a bad day.

as in, IF i'm a guy that carries a gun because i'm nervous or worried about going outside, getting curb stomped, robbed, stabbed shot ect then i'm in the wrong THOUGHT PROCESS. the gun is merely a tool to even and hopefully supersede the odds of survival on a bad day. i really dislike these "i feel naked w/o my gun threads" because if four guys walk in to the coffee shop in full body armor, rifles and decide to start shooting up the place, i'm probably dead anyway, gun or not. Unless my partner Mertaugh creates a distraction by stripping down to his boxers, doing the the "funky chicken dance" so i can take an eye shot from 50 yards with a pistol....

stay alert, stay alive [wink]

I need to get on that bandwagon as well. I am thinking of getting FL but I really want to grab a NH or ME permit. I think ME first because we can carry openly in NH anyways.

Well, that's fine if you like walking in NH and/or loading and unloading your gun constantly. You can't have a loaded gun in an car in NH without the P/R license, which makes the open carry provision kinda worthless without it, unless you're just a pedestrian. It's not an ignored law, either.

From a pragmatic standpoint I would apply for ME first, though.... if anything because it is way more of a pain in the ass than NHs is, and takes longer, from what people have said here, so the sooner, the better. The NH app is a snap, takes 5 minutes to fill out and usually shows up in a month or less.

-Mike

I've been thinking about that whole 1%er/Newport thing, and I can't see how someone smoking a menthol can be seen as badass. Full flavor too much, you need the menthol to take the edge off it? [laugh]

(for those with broken sarcasm meters, I'm just poking fun [wink] )

run along now, grown ups are talking... [rolleyes]

i do what my body can handle, it may be running 5 miles on a cold morning, pounding beers, or having relations with women.... on a good day, all three plus some shooting too.

it's a lot more than eating cheesy poofs and drinking dr. pepper

your sig line is cool too btw

I ENJOY being controversial.

=

i have mommy and daddy issues, seek attention... i am a douche, a virgin, emo, an individual that's like every other trying to be different from normal...

your sig line is cool too btw

=

i have mommy and daddy issues, seek attention... i am a douche, a virgin, emo, an individual that's like every other trying to be different from normal...

This again? We've been over this, you hate my guts. Got it, means little to me, but I get the message. Do you think I will change if you bitch enough? Is that why you voice your unchanging opinion of me, repetitively?
Sorry to hurt your ego, but you bitching doesn't really make me feel like changing.

Do guys know each other, or did I walk into the middle of something?

[rofl] we've met... but he was too busy talking about himself... trust me. [pot]

edit: and in all actualness: matt is a good dude deep down inside. he just needs to STFU and take advice from people who know better. i personally eF with him because i like him.

The important thing when travelling is to not look like a tourist. Fancy luggage draws interest from people that scout tourists in airports. Go for an oddball model rental car and put a few whacky bumper stickers on it to make it look lived in. Keep luggage out of sight in a trunk. Hide maps, fliers for touristy spots, anything with hotel logos like receipts, notepads etc in your rental car. Unless you have a business appointment its good to dress down to blend with the masses.
Stuff a couple office supplies in your checked luggage...a nice sharp letter opener in particular but it draws less attention with a stapler along side it. If you are patient you can put a really nice edge, sharp or serrated, on a credit card, company ID, or old gift card with a fine file or sharpening stone without altering its original appearance. Its better than nothing.

...since I've been carrying regularly and I feel weird. Naked and and exposed. I find it's making me even more aware of my situation. Going to states I can't carry in so I guess I should get used to this feeling for a few days.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom