Fitchburg MA LTC-A RESTRICTION REMOVAL!!!!!!!!!!

my brother just got his ltc-a alp in fitchburg with the new acting chief. my sister had received hers with t+h a few months ago, she called the PD and was told the chief would remove her restrictions.

if you have an ltc-a with restrictions, now is the time to call and get them removed!

Last I knew Acting Chief of Police was Philip J. Kearns Jr. Someone recently said they hired a new chief, but I haven't heard anything about that otherwise.

Last I knew Acting Chief of Police was Philip J. Kearns Jr. Someone recently said they hired a new chief, but I haven't heard anything about that otherwise.

There is no new chief yet, Kearns is current acting chief. He is a decent guy and has been there for eons. Wong had picked an ATF type for the position but then they pulled him at the last moment before stamping the guy.

Anyone who wants an LTC in Fitchburg would be smart to get it NOW. Anyone who wants to get restrictions removed would be smart to make an appointment to have your license reviewed. Nobody knows what kind of JBT that Wong will select next. I am not optimistic; she is an Obama acolyte and seems to enjoy selecting people of that vein to work in city government whenever she can get away with it.

-Mike

There is no new chief yet, Kearns is current acting chief. He is a decent guy and has been there for eons. Wong had picked an ATF type for the position but then they pulled him at the last moment before stamping the guy.

Anyone who wants an LTC in Fitchburg would be smart to get it NOW. Anyone who wants to get restrictions removed would be smart to make an appointment to have your license reviewed. Nobody knows what kind of JBT that Wong will select next. I am not optimistic; she is an Obama acolyte and seems to enjoy selecting people of that vein to work in city government whenever she can get away with it.

-Mike

Lots of great backstage type information. If I lived in Fitchburg I would put my renewal in early.

Lots of great backstage type information. If I lived in Fitchburg I would put my renewal in early.

I would be surprised if they let anyone do this more than 3 months out though. Things are better now but they are still pretty
busy.

Also turnaround is quick right now. I had my new LTC in hand 24 days after my interview.

Yeah, I was surprised.... got my renewal LTC right on the day after the expiration date of my old one... was just about 3 weeks.

-Mike

-Mike

+ a BIG 1

my brother just got his ltc-a alp in fitchburg with the new acting chief. my sister had received hers with t+h a few months ago, she called the PD and was told the chief would remove her restrictions.

if you have an ltc-a with restrictions, now is the time to call and get them removed!

FREEDOM!!!!
freedom-mel-gibson.jpg

Just to conclude this thread, she called and was able to get her restrictions removed. She said she got a call that the new LTC was at the station and she just had to pick it up.

Received my LTC with Target & Hunting last year. I will be calling immediately, is that all you had to do? Are you folks calling the LO directly (Had issues with that before)?

Thanks!

Received my LTC with Target & Hunting last year. I will be calling immediately, is that all you had to do? Are you folks calling the LO directly (Had issues with that before)?

Thanks!

Call the licensing line and leave a voicemail. Det. Daigle will usually call back in a week or so. I would just state that you'd like to have your LTC reviewed and see if it is possible to get the restrictions lifted. I'm not sure how they do it, but it is possible for them to request a new LTC from CJIS sans restrictions @ no charge to you, with the balance of your license expiration left on it. Also worth noting- when he calls you back you will get a call from a "restricted number", so be on the lookout for that. (if you screen calls you could potentially miss his call this way. )

ETA: for whatever it is or isn't worth, I just did a renewal and got mine back the day after my old LTC
expired. Took about 30 days. Not sure what their "load" is right now but when I went to go pick up my new LTC the secretary had a box with about 30 envelopes in it.

-Mike

Last edited:
Mike,

Thanks for the advice, greatly appreciated. I had been brushing up my training jacket to try and get restrictions removed with Utah ccw and additional ccw courses so I am beyond excited to learn this!

Call the licensing line and leave a voicemail. Det. Daigle will usually call back in a week or so. I would just state that you'd like to have your LTC reviewed and see if it is possible to get the restrictions lifted. I'm not sure how they do it, but it is possible for them to request a new LTC from CJIS sans restrictions @ no charge to you, with the balance of your license expiration left on it. Also worth noting- when he calls you back you will get a call from a "restricted number", so be on the lookout for that. (if you screen calls you could potentially miss his call this way. )

ETA: for whatever it is or isn't worth, I just did a renewal and got mine back the day after my old LTC
expired. Took about 30 days. Not sure what their "load" is right now but when I went to go pick up my new LTC the secretary had a box with about 30 envelopes in it.

-Mike
30 days is about the current turnaround time from the state at the moment. You shouldn't be waiting much longer if the issuing authority is caught up and processing them as quickly as they come in.

Update- Called 6/7 left a message. Waited a week and a half no response, called and left a second message just stating again that I would like to have my LTC reviewed and if possible have my restrictions removed. No response yet. If I don't hear anything soon I will write the interim Chief a letter to see if that will help.

I think I will have my UTAH before my unrestricted MA, payment cleared a few weeks ago :)

I have not received a response via phone yet or reached anyone to speak with. I wrote a letter to the chief asking to review my license and stating why I wanted my restrictions lifted, my dedication to practice/ seeking further training including the Utah course I recently took and my community involvement. Mailed last Friday, waiting to see if I receive anything back.

On another note, received my Utah ccw woohoo!

i called about 2 months ago never got a response. guess ill try again, then write a letter. who did you send the letter to?

Last edited:
I sent my letter to Fitchburg pd addressed to Chief Philip J. Kearns Jr. Coming up on a week and a half, nothing yet which I understand as the chief very busy, just staying hopeful.

Follow up with a call, leave a message on the licensing department voice mail. I called twice left messages about 4 months ago and again about a month ago. I wrote a letter about two to three weeks ago and got a call from a restricted number today saying it was in with restrictions removed. [grin][smile] going down to pick it up

Back
Top Bottom