Flashlight Pepperspray?

Chris

NES Member
Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
Been watching the Tour de France so the TV was on Versus this morning when I turned it on to see the news. Came on to an infomercial for this:

(click image to go to webpage)

Seems a wee bit hokey to me. Why would you be walking around with such a huge thing? Although I guess nobody would suspect a flashlight doing that.

My only real problem was all the anti-gun crap in the infomercial. Stuff like "what if your gun was taken away", "what is your gun was found by your kid", etc. Um, yea, I'll bet you'll just love it when Mongo ignores the pepperspray and beats you over the head with the light. And why the phuque are your guns accessible by your kids?

That's just weird... And, an "Intimidating Red Laser." Umm, depending, that laser might get you shot... Or in a lot of trouble with the police...

Isn't there something on the books about pointing lasers at people at night?

It looks like it would be nice to keep by the back door to take with you when you need to get to the shed in the dark, or take the dog out.

So long as your sidearm is on your hip as well.

I keep a 4-cell maglite in the truck next to the drivers seat, so I see no harm in switching it out for one of these. An extra defensive tool is always a good thing.

But the laser for "intimidating" someone?

Dumb.

Stupid.

I can't ever imagine carrying my Maglite 4D around with me as they show in the videos. It is far too heavy and akward.

Here is an entry from the Question and Answer section:

"How effective is CobraStreamtm OC?
VERY EFFECTIVE. Studies indicate OC is 86% effective on all persons and has been approved by the US Federal Drug Administration as safe."

I would imagine that .45 ACP Hollow Points are around 99% effective on all persons.

Back
Top Bottom