FLIR camera/veiwer

I have to say, Im not in the market for one, so Im not up on pricing but iirc, the ones I remember from back a few years ago were up above $10k easy. These were ones used by contractors for looking for heat leakage, insulation gaps, etc in houses. I was surprised how portable and to me, affordable it was compared to what I remembered them being. I could just be way behind the times though, like I said I havent really been keeping tabs.

Is there any mil-surp stuff available thats a better quality or more for the money?

Let me say, these are the cats ass for night hunting. I've used one for coyotes. (There's not much I haven't tried). Expensive? Oh yeah. But they work very well.

I'm more tempted by the new $4K FLIR ThermoSight RS-32 with 320-19mm, magnification, and LaRue mount. Other resolutions available.

R-Series have a 2-year warranty, are recoil-rated for up to .308 semi-auto rifles.

I was thinking about how this would work out scouting for game. Deer primarily. But the price is really steep and the resolution seems kind of poor. No magnification, etc.
Actually 240 x 180 is a common resolution for a thermal camera.

If you don't need the eyepiece form factor, for $995 you can get the bulkier [thread=231048]hackable E4[/thread] imager with 320x240.

FLIR is the shit, no doubt. We put one on our ship to spot potential man over board.

I think it was only 4k or so. You can pan it and zoom. I would love to mount one on my cupola on my house, slaved to a .30 cal of course.

Back
Top Bottom