• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Florida recommendation

Red tide has force me from my annual Clearwater beach trip this year. Any recommendations on Floridas east coast that is similar to Clearwater beach. Where everything is accessible by walking distance, easy beach access, and night life for a family with kids in there 20s at the end of October, early November

Florida recommendation

Personally I like the one in the U.S.
YMMV [smile]

I'm weird and I like panhandle more. St. George Island or Key West. Honestly.

Port St Joe as a backup plan.

Don't be in the beach after dusk. Mosquito swarm is deadly.

I'll second St. Augustine Beach area, fascinating history as the oldest city. There's still cannonballs lodged in the city walls.

cannon.jpg

Red tide has force me from my annual Clearwater beach trip this year. Any recommendations on Floridas east coast that is similar to Clearwater beach. Where everything is accessible by walking distance, easy beach access, and night life for a family with kids in there 20s at the end of October, early November

You may want to reconsider, the storm that leveled the Panhandle last week took the red tide out into the gulf and away from the coastline.

Fort Myers Beach, which has been a no mans land all summer due to the Red Tide ( for the first time in my 25 years there I saw no Pelicans on the pier when I was there a few weeks ago ) but once the Army Corp. of Engineers stopped sending Lake O water down the river and the storm churned things up good, the water has rebounded to its normal condition.

I like New Smyrna Beach. Melbourne is also nice. Both are kind of quiet. If you want more action there's always Daytona. St.Augustine is nice too.

Melbourne beach or Indiatlantic (next town over) have great beaches and the hotels are pretty reasonable - nice quiet beach town vibe

Memaw’s for bbq is awesome - blueberry muffin for breakfast
Cocoa beach isn’t too far to the north - Kennedy space center is close and worth the visit

Had a son who went to FIT for a year in Melbourne and we loved staying in Indiatlantic

Back
Top Bottom