Form 4 wait times

Called ATF today to inquire about a Form 4 submitted in March. Still pending. The lady said it's taking upwards of 7 months now, and that's just for the approval. Shipping out the stamp and getting it to the dealer adds even more time (>1 month).

Called ATF today to inquire about a Form 4 submitted in March. Still pending. The lady said it's taking upwards of 7 months now, and that's just for the approval. Shipping out the stamp and getting it to the dealer adds even more time (>1 month).
I find it odd that there is such a difference in the Form 4 Individuals vs Form 4 Trusts. Aren't they all Form 4s?

F4 Trust Suppressor
Pending Mar 8
Approved Oct 4
Stamp Oct 15

Looks like 7 months and climbing.

Form 4 Individual
Check Cashed 5/2
[edit]
Approved 1/12!
[edit]
Stamp Arrived 1/23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congratulations, let me know when you want to go shooting locally or ill see you at the nes shoot.. better send in your form .20.. youve got a few weeks atleast to get it done.

Congrats. Maybe I should resurrect my search for something FA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Item: SBR 9mm
Method: F4/Trust
Form 4 mailed: 05/17/2016
Check cashed: 05/24/2016
Pending: 05/25/2016
Approved: 01/30/2017
Examiner: Can't read JR something
Date it arrived in the mail: 02/17/18
Days Pending: 250
Total Wait: 276

Last edited:
Just got the call. 2 - form 4's for cans received at BAFTE on July 6th, arrived today. I called the ATF a few weeks ago and they were still pending, so I was pleasantly surprised to get the call. All in all 9 months.

Just got the call. 2 - form 4's for cans received at BAFTE on July 6th, arrived today. I called the ATF a few weeks ago and they were still pending, so I was pleasantly surprised to get the call. All in all 9 months.
Nice, i hadnt realized how long its been.i was stressing missing paperwork for my hk sear so bad i hadnt realized my uzi will be approved in a couple months.that one seemed fast, being as its something that isnt that important to me..

Was this individual or trust? I am at 11 months (6/7) and 10 months, (7/13) respectively, for a form 4 trust. I called about the 11 month one and they said "pending". Is there a way to get more information?

Was this individual or trust? I am at 11 months (6/7) and 10 months, (7/13) respectively, for a form 4 trust. I called about the 11 month one and they said "pending". Is there a way to get more information?

Mine is a trust. 11 months seems exceptionally long, but I don't think there's a way to get anything out of them other than "pending, rejected or approved". Good luck!

I called the ATF today, the lady was much more helpful. My "review start dates" are 7/20 and 7/22. So I am at 287 and 289 days, not 11 and 10 months as I thought. So there was a delay from silencershop charging my CC (6/8) and it getting to the ATF (7/7), then 14 days to cash the check(7/20). The other one I mailed in on 7/13, check cashed 7/22.

She said they were at "July 11" or thereabouts. Also, I had a heart attack when I could not find the $200 check to the ATF (for the second one), [shocked] and then remembered I paid by CC

One year ago today, I sent $900 to silencershop, and have received.......nothing! well, not true, $200 went to the ATF, and I got an electronic receipt. Unfortunately, silencershop did not get the documentation to the ATF for another 30 days, so my "check cashed day" was 7/20. I think. In any case, the ATF is a joke, buying silencers is a joke, and hopefully my descendants will eventually receive something.

And to think this is what the gun grabbers want for every gun transaction. Has anyone with a 7/20-ish at form 4 heard anything?

One year ago today, I sent $900 to silencershop, and have received.......nothing! well, not true, $200 went to the ATF, and I got an electronic receipt. Unfortunately, silencershop did not get the documentation to the ATF for another 30 days, so my "check cashed day" was 7/20. I think. In any case, the ATF is a joke, buying silencers is a joke, and hopefully my descendants will eventually receive something.

And to think this is what the gun grabbers want for every gun transaction. Has anyone with a 7/20-ish at form 4 heard anything?

I've got a 7/22 check cashed date, still pending. NFA branch told me last week to figure by the end of June. NFA Tracker shows quite a few stamps being approved in the 7/18 date.

I've got a 7/22 check cashed date, still pending. NFA branch told me last week to figure by the end of June. NFA Tracker shows quite a few stamps being approved in the 7/18 date.

I should send out my threaded barrel gun a for trigger job. That will take three weeks, thus ensuring I get the call the next day after I ship. [laugh]

There are tons of 7/10 stamps still waiting, I wouldn't expect anything this month fwiw.

When picking up your NFA item from Sig pro shop, call ahead to make sure the notary is there. Ask me how I know.
I should have known better, as this same thing happened 11 months ago when I filled out the purchase paperwork.

When picking up your NFA item from Sig pro shop, call ahead to make sure the notary is there. Ask me how I know.
I should have known better, as this same thing happened 11 months ago when I filled out the purchase paperwork.

Why? What part of the pick-up process involves a notary?

Why? What part of the pick-up process involves a notary?

That is what I wanted to know, I told them everything was notarized 11 months ago, they did not explain, they told me essentially to pound sand. I also had to fill out a 4473, which I thought was odd. I mean, the ATF just spent 11 months doing a background check, why am I filling out a 4473? How is the FBI/NH state police going to do a NICS check on a silencer? I'll try again Friday. I'm bring every last bit of paperwork with me, just in case.

That is what I wanted to know, I told them everything was notarized 11 months ago, they did not explain, they told me essentially to pound sand. I also had to fill out a 4473, which I thought was odd. I mean, the ATF just spent 11 months doing a background check, why am I filling out a 4473? How is the FBI/NH state police going to do a NICS check on a silencer? I'll try again Friday. I'm bring every last bit of paperwork with me, just in case.

Someone's confused (hint: it ain't you). A 4473 to pick up a can is standard. No surprises there. Good luck, and congrats.

Back
Top Bottom