• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Four NYPD cops are suspended without pay after security footage shows them doing NOTHING as man pulls out gun and shoots himself in the leg

Reptile

NES Member
  • Xavier Shaw accidentally shot himself in the leg in Harlem on August 23 in front of four police officers
  • Security video seemingly shows two foot patrol cops and two officers in a parked SUV failing to act during shooting
  • At no time do they appear to render aid to the victim, or to secure gun, according to the footage
  • Officers identified as Joshua Polo, Gifford Griffiths, Mohammed Uddin and Sterling Medina were on a crime reduction assignment
  • All four cops have been suspended without pay pending internal review
  • Shaw, the shooting victim, was later arrested on charges of weapons possession and reckless endangerment
Four New York City police officers were suspended without pay after they were caught on security video seemingly standing by and doing nothing when a man accidently shot himself in the leg in Harlem earlier this week.

The incident took place on August 23 at 136th Street and Seventh Avenue in Manhattan, where a group of men were gambling and drinking in the street.

Surveillance video obtained by the New York Post, among other news outlets, shows two officers on foot patrol leaning against the wall of a building, and two others sitting in a double-parked patrol SUV.

They are all pretty new.
These suckers need to leave the NYPD and join the MSP

$42,500 1,976 hrs $41,223 $2,050 $861 27 hrs Active

$42,500 2,000 hrs $41,219 $2,856 $3,491 106 hrs Active

It was only his own leg and it was accidental. If it was something more important or done on purpose they would have acted. No shame in their game.

“Officers identified as Joshua Polo, Gifford Griffiths, Mohammed Uddin and Sterling Medina were on a crime reduction assignment.”

Sounds like crime was solving itself that night. I’m surprised they didn’t start laughing and just drive away.

• Xavier Shaw accidentally shot himself in the leg in Harlem on August 23 in front of four police officers
  • Security video seemingly shows two foot patrol cops and two officers in a parked SUV failing to act during shooting
  • At no time do they appear to render aid to the victim, or to secure gun, according to the footage
  • Officers identified as Joshua Polo, Gifford Griffiths, Mohammed Uddin and Sterling Medina were on a crime reduction assignment
  • All four cops have been suspended without pay pending internal review
  • Shaw, the shooting victim, was later arrested on charges of weapons possession and reckless endangerment
Four New York City police officers were suspended without pay after they were caught on security video seemingly standing by and doing nothing when a man accidently shot himself in the leg in Harlem earlier this week.

The incident took place on August 23 at 136th Street and Seventh Avenue in Manhattan, where a group of men were gambling and drinking in the street.

Surveillance video obtained by the New York Post, among other news outlets, shows two officers on foot patrol leaning against the wall of a building, and two others sitting in a double-parked patrol SUV.

Eh, im not worried they will get any lost pay back eventually. The 4 will probably retire soon and giggle every 2 weeks .

“Officers identified as Joshua Polo, Gifford Griffiths, Mohammed Uddin and Sterling Medina were on a crime reduction assignment.”

Sounds like crime was solving itself that night. I’m surprised they didn’t start laughing and just drive away.
I think they were standing around hoping he would just bleed out or whatever and solve the problem.... [rofl]

I imagine that if uniformed officer even came near the scene, a crowd of locals would gather and harass the officer to the point of arrests and more violence.

So the NYPD is hiring Dindoonuffins???? LOL

DailyMail is one of those news sites I'm going to stop clicking on. STILL waiting for the article to load. Painful non-life-threatening ass cancer for them all.

Forget it. Over a minute you can shove it.

... a man accidently shot himself in the leg in Harlem earlier this week.
Has he filed suit against Sig yet?

Also known as SCC Rules #2B and #3. [shocked]
(And don't be surprised if those rules come to a Hub near you some day...)

Back
Top Bottom