Four seasons LEO SW Shields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey anyone in law enforcement, Four Seasons is an authorized SW LEO dealer.
They are selling SW Shields in 9mm or 40SW for $339.00 with picture police ID card and LTC. Its basically a free states version. Two mags regular factory sights.

prison.gif

Straw purchase? How is this different from any gun for sale in the classifieds?

Last edited:
Straw purchases? How is this different from any fun for sale in the classifieds?

Is it ok for a LEO to sell ANY of his [AWB compliant] firearms to civilians? Yes.
The way you asked the question made it sound like the LEO would be buying it with the intentions of selling it to a civilian. I believe that is the "no no".

IANAL

Intentions? Not interested in intent. Talking about facts and so far no one has answered with facts.

Is it legal for Leo to buy this and sell to civilian?

Intentions? Not interested in intent. Talking about facts and so far no one has answered with facts.

The way you asked your initial question indeed is the definition of a straw purchase.

If you're buying a gun, with the intent to sell it right away to a person who maybe shouldn't have it, that's a straw purchase.

Now, if he buys the gun, and than decides 6 months later it's not for him, I'm sure it's fine. A very fine line there though.

Why does time matter? No where does it say anything about time in the law? It's a simple question, ignoring intent. Can a Leo buy this gun at 4s and sell it to me? Yes or no?

Question 11.a: “Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form? If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(s) to you.” (See Instructions for Question 11.a.)

The form is pretty clear. We've all filled it out, we know what it says.
Do I agree with it? Of course not. I believe the SCOTUS heard oral arguments regarding this , earlier this year. I'm not sure what is going on with that though.

If this is a "gift", that changes everything.

Missing my point. I'm aware of all the forms we fill out. Let me ask it another way.

Is there any law preventing LEO's from transferring a gun that I can't buy new, such as a free state shield, to me?

I think I am missing your point. A LEO, as above the law as they are, still need to answer question 11.A.

If he's buying this gun for you and is being truthful on the form then he'll answer "No" and the sale wont go through.
If he answers "Yes" then he just lied on the form.

Why does time matter? No where does it say anything about time in the law? It's a simple question, ignoring intent. Can a Leo buy this gun at 4s and sell it to me? Yes or no?

It's one of those gray areas like selling c&r guns to buy more.

When is it your selling stuff you bought cause you don't like it vs buying to resell with out fll. It's hard to say just don't sell to much to fast and your legal .

I've had friends buy a gun and sell it two days later cause they hated the recoil .

Missing my point. I'm aware of all the forms we fill out. Let me ask it another way.

Is there any law preventing LEO's from transferring a gun that I can't buy new, such as a free state shield, to me?

Sounds illegal to me. Straw purchase.

- - - Updated - - -

The form is pretty clear. We've all filled it out, we know what it says.
Do I agree with it? Of course not. I believe the SCOTUS heard oral arguments regarding this , earlier this year. I'm not sure what is going on with that though.

If this is a "gift", that changes everything.

Straw purchase is defined as purchasing a firearm for someone who is prohibited from having one. There is a case in the courts now regarding this. Forget the states but for conversation say its Tennessee and Virgina (although I think it is). Nephew in Tenn buys a new Glock and sells it to his Uncle in Virginia. They tried to whack them with a straw purchase but both are duly licensed in each state so the court was looking favorably siding with them. I know they broke other fed law with the sale, but the point was the straw purchase was nullified as written. So to answer the question, no a LEO can not buy a gun for you. They can buy and then sell it to you, no time defined in the law, but its a very gray area that I would not want to be the test case for. Clearly it isnt a huge issue otherwise there wouldnt be all these $800 glocks in the classifieds...

Okay, last try.

Besides "straw purchase", which we all know is not really my question, since I'm 100% legal to own this gun.

Is there anything else stopping a LEO from buying this gun and selling to me?

Okay, last try.

Besides "straw purchase", which we all know is not really my question, since I'm 100% legal to own this gun.

Is there anything else stopping a LEO from buying this gun and selling to me?

What you're asking is illegal. I don't get it.

You want a cop friend of yours to go out and buy this gun, and then transfer it to you??? Illegal.

Just buy a free state through the classifieds or something.

Intent, or rather constructive intent, etc. If you have someone buy you a gun with the intent of reselling it to you, regardless of anyone being a PP or not, it is a straw purchase.... at least until Abramski gets settled, and its not done "cooking" yet.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, last try.

DOES NOT MATTER, is not relevant whether you are legal or not. You can have a straw without prohibited persons.

-Mike

Intent, or rather constructive intent, etc. If you have someone buy you a gun with the intent of reselling it to you, regardless of anyone being a PP or not, it is a straw purchase.... at least until Abramski gets settled, and its not done "cooking" yet.

-Mike

Thank you.

I thought I had answered it like 4 times already.

Straw purchase is defined as purchasing a firearm for someone who is prohibited from having one. There is a case in the courts now regarding this.

http://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/abramski-v-united-states/

Clearly it isnt a huge issue otherwise there wouldnt be all these $800 glocks in the classifieds...

Not the same as a straw. Read whats going on in Abramski, and its not tough to figure out what elements BATFE looks for for a prosecution on a straw. A guy who owns a gun, then sells it later, with an eventual, unrelated buyer, doesn't satisfy the criteria. Obviously if some guy buys a bunch of guns for intent to resell, and he's stupid enough to do that, and does so with a clear profit motive, they can prosecute him for acting as a dealer without an FFL, but the bar for that is a lot higher than it is for a straw purchase.

-Mike

Thanks guys, I know you think you answered me but I was never talkign about straw purchase. I got the real answer in PM.

Mike gave you the real answer right here and so did I and another member.

I hope the PM you received said that as well, otherwise that person is asking for trouble.

Thanks guys, I know you think you answered me but I was never talking about straw purchase. I got the real answer in PM.

The answer was as everyone stated. Your question, if not answered by the previous posts, was a hypothetical. Such as:

Q. Can a cop murder someone for me if I hired him off duty?
A. No, murder is illegal for everyone.
Q. I know that... I mean besides murder being illegal. Can it be done?
A Er... what?

The answer to your hypothetical is no. Nothing (besides the straw purchase) prevents a LEO, or any person, from selling you a firearm your LTC qualifies you to carry.

Your questions in this post could bring unwanted scrutiny by .GOV with any future firearms you might purchase from a LEO. In a non-hypothetical kind of way. Be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom