Four seasons LEO SW Shields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, I know you think you answered me but I was never talking about straw purchase. I got the real answer in PM.

Wtf did the pm say? I'm so confused as to how it would not be seen as a straw purchase......

Wtf did the pm say? I'm so confused as to how it would not be seen as a straw purchase......

The PM from some retard probably said, "Ignore those guys in that thread. It's totally legit and I do it all the time!" [thinking]

I'm truly curious what the other question is.
Can you buy an off list gun from a cop? Yes, but if that cop bought it to sell it to you then no, I think you can both get tied up for that one.
So what are we missing?

It said nothing like that. I'm not trying to be mysterious. I know what a straw purchase is and I'm not asking that. I'm asking of there is something specifically prohibiting a Leo from selling me a sweet shield with a free state trigger. It's done I'm not thick as far as I know lol.

The answer was as everyone stated. Your question, if not answered by the previous posts, was a hypothetical. Such as:

Q. Can a cop murder someone for me if I hired him off duty?
A. No, murder is illegal for everyone.
Q. I know that... I mean besides murder being illegal. Can it be done?
A Er... what?

The answer to your hypothetical is no. Nothing (besides the straw purchase) prevents a LEO, or any person, from selling you a firearm your LTC qualifies you to carry.

Your questions in this post could bring unwanted scrutiny by .GOV with any future firearms you might purchase from a LEO. In a non-hypothetical kind of way. Be careful.

I'll play, can't resist. How is it illegal? leo buys gun, doesn't want it. Can he sell to you or not? Not quite the same as the scenario of murder for hire is it? That one has a simple no.

Care to answer the other with a simple yes or no?

I'll play, can't resist. How is it illegal? leo buys gun, doesn't want it. Can he sell to you or not? Not quite the same as the scenario of murder for hire is it? That one has a simple no.

Care to answer the other with a simple yes or no?

The problem is you posited your post with an implied intent. If, instead, it was the case of "Just some random LEO who bought one, and he went to sell it to an LTC holder later on" no, there's nothing stopping you from buying it from him, legally. I'm not sure if there is any kind of contractual thing with S&W (the way Glock works it with their LE program) but that's not your problem.

The free state shield trigger isn't that wonderful anyways, BTW... you'll still need to repair it with an APEX kit or a trigger job.... it just sucks LESS than the MA one.

-Mike

The problem is you posited your post with an implied intent. If, instead, it was the case of "Just some random LEO who bought one, and he went to sell it to an LTC holder later on" no, there's nothing stopping you from buying it from him, legally. I'm not sure if there is any kind of contractual thing with S&W (the way Glock works it with their LE program) but that's not your problem.

The free state shield trigger isn't that wonderful anyways, BTW... you'll still need to repair it with an APEX kit or a trigger job.... it just sucks LESS than the MA one.

-Mike

Thanks, I see how my initial request was viewed. I did however, drink heavily watching the Bruins . [cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom