• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Franklin Lodge Turkey Shoot 2019

Pro tip: There WILL be shooters there who can and do score above 45 of a potential 50 on the "turkey" (bullseye) targets. If you're the kind of shooter who practices once a year whether you need practice or not, you might want to use the "lucky" targets, which are a grid of random numbers - as long as you can hit about a 7.5" x 10" piece of paper at 25', you can potentially win.

In fact, you are likely to score HIGHER than the practiced shooters on the lucky target - they're all trying to make small groups, and random shot patterns are more likely to hit high-scoring combinations on the lucky target.

I was thinking it was cryo-vacc’d 2018 birds up for winnings.

Sounds good to me as I’m pretty close.

And here's the announcement.

BTW, we could use ONE more RSO - we have three, and I like to have four on hand so that we can rotate people in and out. I like to have three on the line as we DO have inexperienced shooters come down. We have a perfect safety record so far and I want to KEEP it that way. We can't afford much in the way of pay, but we do provide the RSOs with lunch. Burgers, dogs, chips, soda.

Feel free to PM me or email me at Dwarven 1 at gmail if you'd like to help out.

I'll be bringing a friend (shooter, but first time at this event) so will not get there until around noon. I'll be happy to help you keep the line safe while I'm there.

Great event, lot's of fun. Well done Ross and everyone else. Looking forward to next year.

Thanks for coming out, Tim. We appreciate the support! That was you with the Volquartsen and the Dan Wesson, right?

Now... for next year? look at the 2020 calendar. Find Thanksgiving. Now find the Saturday before Thanksgiving and mark it down for the 13th annual Franklin Lodge Turkey Shoot. :) We'll see you then!!

I'm sorry to say that with all the new restrictions that just came out, the 2020 Turkey Shoot has been cancelled. [crying][sad][angry]

Decision was made by the Master of the Lodge and myself, taking into account that I'm still the chief RSO for the event and would have to self-quarantine for two weeks after I went back to VT and the 10 person limit on gatherings. We also didn't want to chance getting our hosts, the North Grafton Fish, Bird & Game Club in trouble for hosting a larger than allowed event.

Believe me, we did NOT want to do this but felt we had to.

Back
Top Bottom