Freshly minted LTC, Club opinions saught.

Hi all,

Just got some LTC-A No Restrictions goodness in the mail today (Haverhill).

During my application wait phase I have done some investigating into where to start from a firearm standpoint (overwhelming, unless strictly talking .22 IMO)

The other part that concerns me more is finding a "home" to actually practice and grow and develop a passion, that is the part that has me more nervous and unsure of myself being a newbie.

I was considering the two closest clubs to me that I know of - Haverhill and Newton NH. (I will be applying for my NH-NonRes permit shortly)

I was wondering if anyone had some insight into either the Haverhill or Newton Clubs.

Thanks in advance!

-Dan

Haverhill Hound Rod & Gun Club seems nice. They've got pistol, rifle, and shotgun ranges. I've helped out there at a couple Women on Target events. Seemed to be some nice folks, too. Can't help you on Newton, NH.

If you live in Mass,I'd join a Mass club, if only to become familiar with the complex laws we have in this state.

In NH, we get laughed at and told to move to a "free state".

Salisbury ...

"The Original Bob's Tactical" gun range is due to reopen any day now. It is in Salisbury Ma and is open to the public.
If you shoot alot, it is good to be a member of a local range, but if you just shoot from time to time, this is a good option as it is a pay as you go range. They also have firearms for sale, firearms for rent, ammo and advise readily available...

I will take you over to HHRG to see the grounds and do some shooting if you want to check it out. I will sponser you as a new member also...if your not a jerk :)

I also heard very good things about Plaistow, NH but have not visited it myself. That would require you get your NH license also but thats cheap and easy.

Last edited:
I will take you over to HHRG to see the grounds and do some shooting if you want to check it out. I will sponser you as a new member also...if your not a jerk :)

I also heard very good things about Plaistow, NH but have not visited it myself. That would require you get your NH license also but thats cheap and easy.

I have heard good things about Pelham Fish & Game. I've visited the club recently to observe an IPDA Carbine match. It is a very nice facility with lots of variety in range options.

Bringing firearms into NH does not require a non-resident permit. You just have to transport it/them unloaded and cased. When you get out of your vehicle, you may open carry without a permit.

I have heard good things about Pelham Fish & Game. I've visited the club recently to observe an IPDA Carbine match. It is a very nice facility with lots of variety in range options.

Bringing firearms into NH does not require a non-resident permit. You just have to transport it/them unloaded and cased. When you get out of your vehicle, you may open carry without a permit.

Thanks for the clarification - I am always thinking about Concealed Carry when I post about a N.H. license I forget it is a FREE State that actually respects citizens, resident or not.

Since I am replying I will give you some info on Haverhill.
My experiences have all been positive. Nice people, decent grounds, a small varity of shoots throughout the year. It is cheap compared to many clubs and it never seems to be too crowded. I have had a pleasure being a member there and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a local club to join.

Thanks..

Thanks for the feedback (sorry I was slow to reply, been out of pocket)

Pacman I appreciate the offer and I do think I will take you up on it. First hand exposure/knowledge is the best way to figure this out I'm sure.

I'm not a jerk I swear [smile]

And I do plan on applying for the NH nonres

Back
Top Bottom