From London

FYI...

News
07/11/2005 13:10:54 EST 1 American Presumed Dead in London Blasts

WASHINGTON - One American is missing and presumed dead in the bombings in London, the State Department said Monday.
Two Americans remain hospitalized with injuries, said spokesman Tom Casey. Two others injured in the July 7 explosions were released last week.

Three bombs exploded on subway cars and one ripped apart a bus during London's rush hour last Thursday. At least 52 people were killed and about 700 were injured.

Casey provided no information about the missing American except that the department became aware of the person as a result of inquiries to the department.

So far, 25,000 calls have been received, 1,052 of them about the whereabouts of friends or relatives. A total of 212 telephoned inquires remain unresolved, he said.

In declining to provide any information about the missing American - even whether the person was male or female - Casey cited privacy regulations that limit what the U.S. government can say about American casualties without permission from the injured or their families.

Has anyone seen a list of the Brits who were killed.

I just learned this morning that an old friend and former co-worker who lives near London is OK. There is another former co-worker whose name currently escapes me, who I'd like to check on as well.

There isn't a list per se,but over on CNN news(which is the only one I could find) is an article that lists some of the missing. Best Icould come up with. Maybe more will be posted later.

That's all that I've found so far too Len. I don't know if they would do that in Britian (listing the dead, that is), so it might be hard to track down.

By the by...the BBC has sent out walking orders to their reporters - don't use the word terrorist when talking about the bombings. [roll]

I checked the BBC website.

As of yesterday they only ID'd 5 victims and only 3 families gave permission to release the names. Either the UK forensics are way behind the times or they are taking their sweet time in ID'g the remains of the victims so that the families can provide decent burials.

There was also a list of the missing, and thankfully there are no names that are familiar to me.

LenS said:
There was also a list of the missing, and thankfully there are no names that are familiar to me.

That's good to hear. I know someone who's mom is in London, but I've lost her info and can't contact her. I wouldn't know mom's name

Back
Top Bottom