Frommer Stop

Things have been a bit dry for me lately but I came across this little pistol today and could not pass it up. It fits the 32 collection very nicely. It is a neat little pistol made in 1917 which saw service during WWI with the Honvedseg, which was the Hungarian element of the Austro-Hungarian Army. It has military proofs on the left side of the gun front of the trigger guard. The military proof is composed of the letters BP which stand for Budapest, the double sided Hungarian Crest and the followed by the last two digits of the date of acceptance, which in this case is 1917. I was not sure if that was a military proof when I bought it, but luckily it turns out to be one. It fits the 32 collection very nicely. Thanks for looking.

View attachment 39776View attachment 39777View attachment 39778View attachment 39779View attachment 39780View attachment 39781View attachment 39782

You've probably seen it already, but there's some neat information out there about these pistols:

http://www.hungariae.com/FromStop.htm

http://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/Frommer/frommer.html

It definitely fits well under the "different" and "unique" categories, but so do the other Hungarian early 20th century pistols:

IMG_5211.jpg

Enjoy!

very cool. austrians and germans such as krnka, roth, bergmann, borchardt and many others had some really neat designs around the turn of the century. some took off and some didnt, buts its neat to see what was being developed when self loading pistols were still in their infancy. You going to shoot it?

Thanks for the comments. These older pistols are becoming the focus of my collection. USMA-82, if that is your collection... I am inspired. :) Marcus I have to agree with you. I am finding the early days of auto pistol designs to be an interesting lesson is design.

Once I strip it and check it out I will take it out back and fire a few rounds. It would be a shame not to.

Very nice find. I am starting to pick up some older unique pistols as well. I don't care f the ammo is absolute. I want them for the history and design.

Ive always liked those funky little guns. Now you need the baby one to go with it. [smile]

Oh, and a 1929, and a M1910...But they're just weird looking. [laugh]

Ive always liked those funky little guns. Now you need the baby one to go with it. [smile]

Oh, and a 1929, and a M1910...But they're just weird looking. [laugh]

Wouldn't you know that I just found the Baby Stop in 6.35 at a Maine FFL. But I cannot swing the $650 right now as I am tapped out and I have sold off all the stuff I was bored with. I have not checked yet but that seems very high in price and is about 3x what I piad for this one. Maybe it will still be there in a few months. I think the hardest part of collecting is realising that you just cannot buy everything.

Back
Top Bottom