Fun with the folks in Cambridge

v13

I went to a concert at the Middle East in Cambridge last night. I was standing in line to buy my ticket when I realized that I had left my driver's license at home. doh! The only legit form of ID I had in my wallet was my LTC-A. The looks from the guys checking ID's were priceless when I handed that over. I'm guessing they probably don't see a lot of those with mid 20's crowd in Cambridge. :)

what concert? Any good?

It was actually Hellbent for Rock... Taxpayer, Harris, and Bang Camaro. Bang Camaro is pretty interesting. They are a metal band with a choir...no lead singer, just like 20 guys belting out the lyrics. Super loud. Wish I had brought some ear plugs.

I used my LTC as a valid form of identification when I was going through the Airport last year when I renewed my Drivers Licence. They wouldnt accept my expired DL or the paper showing I renewed it since it didnt have the photo on it.

The only question they said to me when I gave it to them was, you are not carrying now are you.

I've used mine a few times for ID at the bank when cashing checks. The looks on their faces are always priceless!

I used my FID at the airport, and they asked for a drivers license. I said "this is better than a drivers license, it means I've had a background check by the FBI and an approval by the chief of police."

And the lady said "so why didn't he give you an ALP?". Just kidding.

For a while I wanted to try an experiement: to hand over my LTC-A whenever anyone wanted to see my ID. For buying booze or whatever. I never ran into a problem, just a few "what's this?".

BTW, never did it when going into a bar in Boston. Don't need that type of hassle.

I can't use my LTC as identification since it doesn't have my legal name on it. Most inane thing ever.

After I got married I sent in my change of name notifications. Apparently I'm not getting a new ID. I was told that if pulled up in the system my legal name would appear under my ID# but the card is still valid.

I think it's just a bunch of BS and hope I never have to test it... [rolleyes]

I've done it too. I espeshally like when the bouncer is trying to subtract 1979 from the current year, I let him know that an LTC is only issued to 21+ [smile]

And I hear ya Jen, they wouldn't change my licence when I moved to Belmont (I wanted the little one!) so it doesn't have my current address. I always feel odd filling out the form with my real address, and a different one on my LTC.

Of course in the computer it's all correct, and I guess that's all that is important.

Arrrrr

-Weer'd Beard

thats funny

I went to a bank to cash a check, normally this bank is a pain in the ass,
"we need 2 forms of ID" i've been there before and they really want a drivers
license and a credit card... AND yes they can insist on a credit card or they
don 't have to cash the check. Anyway, i thought i would throw them a curve and gave them my LTC, the teller didn't even blink, cahsed the check
immediatley no questions.

JimB

Back
Top Bottom