Geissele Hi-Spd NM Service Trigger Adjustment Help

MaverickNH

NES Member
So I'm installing a Geissele Hi Speed National Match Service Rifle trigger in my Bushmaster AR-15 lower. His video was great on showing how to pop out the old FCG and and put in the new one. But I'm stuck on the adjustments. As installed, trigger pull is 4lb, without turning the 2nd Stage Weight Adjustment screw down to increase weight. So all looks OK before adjustments.

The 2nd Stage Weight Adjustment screw is 1/2 to 3/4 turn below flush, as indicated. I'm turning the Sear Engagement Adjustment Screw CCW trying to remove the 2nd stage, but it bottoms out and I still have a 2nd stage before the 1st stage drops the hammer. I really don't feel any change in the 2nd stage as I turn CCW.

What might I be doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

It's supposed to have 2 stages. Why did you buy a service rifle trigger and want a single stage trigger?
This belongs in the Hardware section, by the way.

I believe (I don't have my instructions in front of me) the right method is to tune out the second stage, then back off until it comes back. So, MaverickNH is stuck on the first part of the adjustment procedure.

I've only installed one Geisele trigger, they come with instructions? I set it up for a friend, and then weighed it with weights, not a spring guage.

So I'm installing a Geissele Hi Speed National Match Service Rifle trigger in my Bushmaster AR-15 lower. His video was great on showing how to pop out the old FCG and and put in the new one. But I'm stuck on the adjustments. As installed, trigger pull is 4lb, without turning the 2nd Stage Weight Adjustment screw down to increase weight. So all looks OK before adjustments.

The 2nd Stage Weight Adjustment screw is 1/2 to 3/4 turn below flush, as indicated. I'm turning the Sear Engagement Adjustment Screw CCW trying to remove the 2nd stage, but it bottoms out and I still have a 2nd stage before the 1st stage drops the hammer. I really don't feel any change in the 2nd stage as I turn CCW.

What might I be doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

I had issues when I installed mine.
I could not get the 2nd stage. I tried a few times, and finally got it. There is a distinct difference with a 2 stage. slight pull on the 1st to acquire target, 2nd light pull to fire the rifle. Re watch the Geissele video on youtube.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom