Geoffery Beene - Anit-hunting / ASPCA Supporter

I have been buying Geoffrey Beene clothing for some time now. A recent shirt had a hang tag on it that touted some of the ways the company "Gives back". Cancer research, Alzheimer's...great stuff. However, it was the "protection and welfare of animals" that peaked my interest.

With a little surfing I found out one of the entities they support is American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) . While ASPCA may do lot’s of good for pets, they are anti-hunting. According to their site “the ASPCA is opposed to hunting animals for sport, even if the animals killed in this way are subsequently consumed"

No more Geoffrey Beene clothing for me.

Just buy it from TJMaxx and Marshalls.

Once it gets there, they get nothing from your sale and if they do it probably is a penny or two

Most of the divisions of the HSUS and the ASPCA don't agree with hunting. Alot of shelters are the same way. Try and save a hunting breed dog and you might be asked if you hunt. I have a lacy/walker mix. I got in touch with some lacy owners as I had never heard of the bread. Some have tried to rescue lacy dogs in Texas and as soon as the shelters find out they hunt the stop the adoption process.

Back
Top Bottom